Top Rank Bingo Club, Claughton Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside. The Top Rank Bingo Club viewed from the north-east.
The Ritz Cinema opened in 1937. It was damaged by bombing in the Second World War, and reopened in 1947 after renovation work. The original Compton organ was replaced by a Christie organ from the La Scala Cinema in Glasgow. The cinema was later renamed the Essoldo Cinema. It closed in 1969 and became a bingo club, which closed in 1997. The building was later demolished
Keywords: 1930s, architecture, art deco, bingo hall, cinema, films, movies, picture palace