Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Fame

Fame Gallery

Famous people

Choose from 423 pictures in our Fame collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Jacques Cartier BL21086_002 Featured Fame Image

Jacques Cartier BL21086_002

Portrait of jeweler Mr Jacques Cartier seated at a desk in an office. Jacques Cartier ran the French jewellery company Cartier from 1909 until his death in 1942. The photograph, which was commissioned by Jacques Cartier, is believed to have been taken in their premises at 175-176 New Bond Street, Mayfair, London. Photographed by Bedford Lemere and Company, December 1910

© Historic England Archive

Yehudi Menuhin and Elisabeth Frink JLP01_09_752997 Featured Fame Image

Yehudi Menuhin and Elisabeth Frink JLP01_09_752997

PATERNOSTER SQUARE, CITY OF LONDON. Violinist Yehudi Menuhin admiring a bronze sculpture of a shepherd and sheep with the sculptor Elisabeth Frink, on the day it was unveiled at the Paternoster development.
Work on the Paternoster development in the 1960's was carried out in a joint venture by John Laing Construction Limited, Trollope and Colls Limited, and George Wimpey and Company Limited. The development consisted of a series of office blocks, a shopping precinct, an extensive piazza and a three-level car park.
In July 1975, a bronze statue of a shepherd and his sheep, sculpted by Elisabeth Frink, was unveiled at the Paternoster development by the world famous violinist Yehudi Menuhin. The sculpture was commissioned by Paternoster Development as their contribution to European Architectural Heritage Year. Among those present at the ceremony were Sir Kirby Laing and Geoffrey Anderson, then managing director of the Development company

© Historic England Archive

Linford Christie plaque JLP01_10_52089 Featured Fame Image

Linford Christie plaque JLP01_10_52089

NATIONAL INDOOR ARENA, KING EDWARDS ROAD, BIRMINGHAM. Athlete Linford Christie, the Lord Mayor of Birmingham and a third man posed beside a commemorative plaque at the official opening of the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.
I/N is recorded next to this image in Laing's negative register, signifying that it is an internegative. It appears to have been copied from the original in November 1991.
The £50m Design and Construct contract for the National Indoor Arena (NIA) was awarded to the Laing Midlands Division by Birmingham City Council in January 1989. It was officially opened on 4th October 1991 by athlete Linford Christie. At the time of opening, it was the largest indoor arena in the UK and had capacity for approximately 12,000 spectators. The arena has been renamed multiple times throughout its history. Originally the National Indoor Arena (October 1991 to December 2014), it later became known as The Barclaycard Arena (December 2014 to August 2017), Arena Birmingham (September 2017 to April 2020), and Utilita Arena Birmingham (April 2020 to present)

© Historic England Archive