sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Flight > England from the Air > West Midlands from the Air

West Midlands from the Air Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and the West Midlands

Choose from 68 pictures in our West Midlands from the Air collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured West Midlands from the Air Print

Coventry Cathedral EAW024986

COVENTRY CATHEDRAL. The old Cathedral was destroyed by incendiary bombs on 14 November 1940, with only its spire and outer walls surviving. Seen here from the air in July 1949 the Cathedral is surrounded by empty plots where other buildings were destroyed in the Coventry Blitz. The interior of the Cathedral had been cleared and looks very much as it still does today. A new Cathedral was completed on adjoining land in 1962. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England

Featured West Midlands from the Air Print

Shrewsbury Castle and station 21129_11

Railway station and castle, Shrewsbury, Shropshire. The railway line was built in the mid-19th century. The castle remains date from the mid-12th and 13th centuries although a castle has stood on this site since the Norman conquest. Photographed in February 2001

© Historic England Archive

Aerial, Castle, Medieval, Railway, Station

Featured West Midlands from the Air Print

Worcester in 1948 RAF_541_143_rp_3015

RAF Vertical aerial photograph of Worcester taken on August 24, 1948. The River Severn runs from bottom (north) to top (south) with the Cathedral top left and Worcester racecourse at Pitchcroft also on the left bank. On the right bank can be seen the County Cricket Ground at New Road, the suburb of St Johns and a variety of wartime buildings including the site of what later became the University of Worcester

© source: Historic England Archive