Skip to main content
emoji_people   Now is the perfect time to order your Christmas Prints and Gifts from our collection   card_giftcard
sales@mediastorehouse.com

20th Century Gallery

Available as Prints and Gift Items

Choose from 24 pictures in our 20th Century collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Tatton Cinema Gatley NWC01_01_0639
Tatton Cinema Gatley NWC01_01_0639
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Roof of the Winged Horse DP183247
Roof of the Winged Horse DP183247
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Tubular steel walkway DP183604
Tubular steel walkway DP183604
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Detail of Council flats DP183603
Detail of Council flats DP183603
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Detail of tubular steel DP183605
Detail of tubular steel DP183605
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Odeon Cinema Chester NWC01_01_0157
Odeon Cinema Chester NWC01_01_0157
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Plaza Cinema NWC01_01_0088
Plaza Cinema NWC01_01_0088
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Focus Cinema NWC01_01_0037
Focus Cinema NWC01_01_0037
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Petrol Station MOT01_01_01
Petrol Station MOT01_01_01
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Grasshopper sign JRU01_01_106
Grasshopper sign JRU01_01_106
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Tintern Abbey JRU01_01_178
Tintern Abbey JRU01_01_178
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Flying Boat JRU01_01_109
Flying Boat JRU01_01_109
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Grasshopper sign JRU01_01_106 Featured Print

Grasshopper sign JRU01_01_106

Martins Bank, Lombard Street, City of London. Looking east along Great George Street towards Big Ben and Parliament Square, with pedestrians on the pavement in the foreground, photographed 1950-1953.
The sign of the grasshopper was the crest of the Gresham family, and was used to distinguish the house of Thomas Gresham in Lombard Street in the 16th century. Gresham was a financier to Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth I, and founder of the Royal Exchange. The sign bears Gresham's initials and the date 1563; it is believed he traded at the site from this date. The freehold of the Grasshopper, later numbered 68 Lombard Street, was purchased by John Martin in the 1740s. Martins Bank was demolished and rebuilt in 1930. The bank remained at the site until it merged with Barclays in 1969; the grasshopper was still hung outside 68 Lombard Street into the 21st century. It is believed that 68 Lombard Street is the longest continuous use of business premises as a bank

© Historic England Archive

Coronation decorations JRU01_01_063
Coronation decorations JRU01_01_063
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Sailboats BAR03_01_454
Sailboats BAR03_01_454
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
China Clay Works ALB93_05_127
China Clay Works ALB93_05_127
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
China Clay Works ALB93_05_125
China Clay Works ALB93_05_125
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
China Clay Works ALB93_05_124
China Clay Works ALB93_05_124
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
China Clay Works ALB93_05_133
China Clay Works ALB93_05_133
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
China Clay Works ALB93_05_132
China Clay Works ALB93_05_132
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
China Clay Works ALB93_05_131
China Clay Works ALB93_05_131
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
China Clay Works ALB93_05_130
China Clay Works ALB93_05_130
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
China Clay Works ALB93_05_129
China Clay Works ALB93_05_129
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Master Mariners Almshouses AA41_00139
Master Mariners Almshouses AA41_00139
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Calshot Castle K950212
Calshot Castle K950212
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Master Mariners Almshouses AA41_00139 Featured Print

Master Mariners Almshouses AA41_00139

MASTER MARINERS ALMSHOUSE, CARR LANE, CITY OF KINGSTON UPON HULL. An exterior view of the Master Mariner's Almshouses, damaged in an air raid in 1941, seen from the east with the former Cecil Theatre in the background. The almshouses consisted of two blocks; the first was the Master Mariner's Almshouse, built in 1834, and the second was the Mariners Almshouse, built in 1837. Both blocks were built for the Corporation of the Trinity House and housed retired and ill seamen and their families. The almshouses were damaged in 1941 by bombs, and were demolished post-war. The Theatre in the background was originally built in 1911, on the corner of Anlaby Road and the Ferensway, rebuilt in 1925 and renamed the Cecil Theatre. It also suffered bomb damage in May 1941, but the ruins were not cleared away until 1953

© Historic England Archive