Pelham Street shops MBC01_02_006
Pelham Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire. The former Boots store on the corner of Pelham Street and High Street, seen from the south-west showing the west elevation and part of the ornate Art-Nouveau shopfront.
The store was built in 1902-1905 and was designed by A N Bromley. It was one of the first flagship stores to be built for a major company and is considered to be a very good example of an early 20th century commercial building. The store was extended in 1920s and refurbished in 1974. At the time of this photograph, the premises were occupied by Maples, a furniture store
© Historic England Archive