Carlisle Technical College JLP01_01_117_23
Carlisle Technical College, Strand Road, Carlisle, Cumbria. A class of young men in an engineering workshop at Carlisle Technical College.
Carlisle Technical College was built between 1951-1953 and was officially opened on 18th February 1954. The building had space for 1500 students providing facilities for the arts and sciences, including laboratories, workshops for motor, mechanical and electrical engineering, textiles, woodwork, building and the pure sciences. The front of the building faced south and workshops, labs and the main entrance were on the north side of the building
© Historic England Archive. John Laing Photographic Collection