PENRHYN CASTLE, LLANDYGAI, BANGOR, CAERNAVONSHIRE AND MEIRIONETHSHIRE, WALES. Laing stonemasons manoeuvring a stone block into place at Penrhyn Castle during renovation work.
At the time this photograph was taken Laing's North West Region was helping the National Trust in the restoration, renovation and general refurbishment of some their properties. Penrhyn Castle was built in 1838 and the renovation work carried out by Laing started in October 1983, involving the removal and repair of two roofs, the removal of parapet walls to insert new lead dpc's, the grouting of two walls and turrets of the keep, and repairing damaged and worn masonry plus dry rot treatment
© Historic England Archive