Cumberland Market CXP01_01_128
CUMBERLAND MARKET, REGENTS PARK, CAMDEN, GREATER LONDON. A view looking south-east across Cumberland Market towards a terrace of houses on the east side of the square, south of Edward Street, and showing the King's Head pub on the south side of the square.
Cumberland Market was a hay and straw market from the early 19th century to the late 1920s. By the early 1930s buildings in the area were demolished to make way for council housing and yet more of the area was destroyed by bombing in the Second World War. The remaining buildings were demolished in 1950-51 and the Regent's Park Estate was built on the site
© Historic England Archive