Fish market JLP01_08_067219
BULL RING CENTRE, BULL RING, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS. The fish market at the Bull Ring Centre bustling with shoppers on the day it opened to the public.
On 14th November 1963, the retail market at the Bull Ring development was opened by the Lord Mayor of Birmingham, Alderman Dr. Louis Glass, JP. The new retail market replaced the old Market Hall building, which was originally built in 1835 but had suffered serious damage from an air strike in the Second World War. The general section of the new market housed 154 stalls, with a further 42 in the separate fish and poultry section
© Historic England Archive