Ramsgate sands PEN01_15_03_29424
Royal Victoria Pavilion, Harbour Parade, Ramsgate, Thanet, Kent. A general view showing Ramsgate sands, with a partial view of the Royal Victoria Pavilion in the foreground and the Ramsgate Harbour Station in the mid-ground, photographed between 1926 and 1939.
The pavilion was built in 1903 by Stanley Davenport Adshead and originally contained a theatre and cafe. It was later converted to a casino and to a public house in 2018. To the north of the pavilion was the Ramsgate Harbour Station, a second railway station built in 1863 and closed in 1926. It was used as a site of seaside entertainment, along with the Pleasurama and Ramsgate Tunnels, and was destroyed by a fire in 1998
© Historic England Archive