Tatton Cinema Gatley NWC01_01_0639
Tatton Cinema, Gatley Road, Gatley, Stockport. The Tatton Cinema viewed from the south-west at dusk, with people gathered below the projecting porch and billboard.
The Tatton Kinema or Cinema opened in 1937. It seated approx. 1, 200 people in the stalls and circle, and also had a restaurant. It was divided into the Tatton Minor and Tatton Major Cinemas in 1971, and was again subdivided to create the Tatton Mini Cinema in 1976. It was renamed the Apollo Cinema after being bought by Apollo. The cinema closed in 2000 and the building was demolished, though the facade was retained
© Historic England Archive