Mount Grace Priory K021701
MOUNT GRACE PRIORY, Northallerton, North Yorkshire. View of the Manor House at Mount Grace Priory from the north west with the garden pond in the foreground. The Manor House was built in 1654 by Thomas Lascelles in the ruins of the Carthusian monastery. In 1900-01 it was refitted and enlarged by Sir Lowthian Bell, grandfather of the noted explorer, archaeologist and diplomat Gertrude Bell (1868-1926). Some of the Arts and Crafts interiors have recently been restored by English Heritage.
© Historic England Archive
Royal Botanic Gardens, London AA064156
ROYAL BOTANIC GARDENS, Palm House, Kew, London. A view across lawn to the pond at Kew Gardens looking west to the Palm House, an oriental lion statue to left, framed by trees above. Photographed by John Gay. Date range: January 1962 - May 1964.
© Historic England