St Margarets York AA42_08685
ST MARGARET'S CHURCH, WALMGATE, YORK. An exterior view of St Margaret's Church, showing the south elevation between the south vestry and porch. The church is on the site of an earlier church, with a late 12th century south porch in a 14th century nave, which has a north aisle. The south vestry dates to the 15th century. The south elevation has three bays in between the porch and vestry, with a buttress of three stages dividing the second and third bays.
The church was made redundant in 1974, and has since been used as a warehouse for the Theatre Royal and as the National Centre for Early Music
© Historic England Archive
Church of St Margaret and All Saints
Until 1748 the building was 2 churches, St Margaret's occupying the north nave, All Saints the south. Lowestoft, Suffolk. IoE 391358
© David W. Collins LRPS Source: Images of England
Beach, Coast, Coastal, Flint, Listed, Porch, Religion, Religious, Thatch, Tower