Greatgate Quarry JLP01_08_054189
GREATGATE QUARRY, CROXDEN, EAST STAFFORDSHIRE. A view over 'Park Quarry' in Great Gate showing workers quarrying sandstone for the construction of Coventry Cathedral.
30,000 tonnes of rose red sandstone was supplied by this quarry, owned by Stanton and Bettany Ltd, and another close by called Fielding's Quarry.
© Historic England Archive. John Laing Photographic Collection
China Clay Works ALB93_05_133
Bloomdale China Clay and Stone Works, St. Stephen-in-Brannel, Cornwall. Photographed between 1919 and 1936. A view of the engine house at Bloomdale China Clay and Stone Works, showing the aquaduct used to carry the clay stream to the trenches known as Micas'.
This photograph forms part of a set in an album documenting the china clay industry around St Austell, Cornwall
© Historic England Archive