St Johns Church CC73_02799
St John's Church, Waterloo Road, Lambeth, Greater London. Exterior view from the south-west showing the west elevation of St John's Church, showing the building post-restoration following bomb damage during the Second World War.
St John's Church was originally built in 1823-4 to designs by the architect Francis Bedford. It was one of four churches built in Lambeth in the Greek Revival style. The church was damaged by bombs during the Second World War. It was later restored and designated as the Festival of Britain church in 1951. This image shows the newly restored building with a Festival of Britain poster outside
© Historic England Archive