Geological Museum BWS01_01_11
Geological Museum, Exhibition Road, Kensington, Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London. A view of the front, east elevation of the Geological Museum during construction, showing the steel frames, with workmen standing at the top of the structure.
The Geological Museum moved from its site on Jermyn Street to this new building on Exhibition Road in 1935. The new museum was designed by Sir Richard Allison and John Hatton Markham of H M Office of Works. The steel frames used in the construction of the building were manufactured by Banister, Walton and Co Ltd. The Geological Museum subsequently became part of the Natural History Museum
© Historic England Archive