Mow Cop Castle DIX02_01_177
MOW COP CASTLE, MOW COP, ODD RODE, CHESHIRE EAST. Mow Cop Castle viewed from the north west, 1920-1935.
The castle was built as a folly by Randle Wilbraham in 1754. In the late 18th century the Wilbrahams used it as a summer house. It marks the boundary between Cheshire and Staffordshire
© Historic England Archive
Boundary Marker, Clouds, Folly, Geology, Georgian, Landmark, Ruin, Summerhouse