Cathedral Square Peterborough MBC01_02_008
Cathedral Square, City of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. The half-timbered upper elevation of 8 Cathedral Square, built as a Boots store, with painted statues in niches flanking the upper floor windows.
The Boots store in Cathedral Square was is dated 1911, and was designed by Boots in-house architect Michael Vyne Treleaven. The statues on the facade were sculpted by Gilbert Seale & Son of Camberwell, London, and depict Athelwold, King Peada of Mercia, Henry VIII, Prince Rupert and the Earl of Essex. The premises were later occupied by Wimpy and Burger King restaurants
© Historic England Archive