Charlotte Street Manchester AA42_01938
Charlotte Street, MANCHESTER. Fraser House, a former warehouse on the corner of Charlotte Street and Portland Street, seen from the south with rubble in the foreground.
The warehouse was built between c1855 and 1860 by Edward Walters with red brick and sandstone dressings, and it was used as a textile manufacturer's warehouse. It has four storeys and a basement, with five bays to the south, and three bays to the east.
There is a sign on the south facade, reading: "AIR RAID SHELTER/ 200 PERSONS", and in the foreground is rubble most likely bomb damage from a Second World War air raid
© Historic England Archive