Lyddington Bede House J870169
LYDDINGTON BEDE HOUSE, Leicestershire. Exterior view of the house and church. The house was originally part of the late medieval wing of a palace belonging to the Bishops of Lincoln. By 1600 the building had been converted into an almshouse for twelve poor 'bedesmen' over 30 years old and two women (over 45), all free of lunacy, leprosy and the French pox.
Copyright © Historic England
Media ID 695965
Date: 15th January 2004
Urgency (1-8) 5=normal: 5
Source: English Heritage Images
Credit: Historic England Photo Library
Image Size: 4710 x 3717 Pixels
Filesize is 13.00MB
Associated Categories: Also in our Care...
Associated Categories: Travel East Midlands
Associated Categories: Medieval Architecture
Keywords: cemetery, church, grave yard, medieval, religion