sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Historic Images > 1900 - 1945 > Photos from the 1930s

Photos from the 1930s

Choose from 82 pictures in our Photos from the 1930s collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Photos from the 1930s Print

Wootton Bassett United Dairies, 1930. EPW032627

WOOTTON BASSETT UNITED DAIRIES, Wiltshire. The Dairy Supply Company opened its factory in 1908 and merged with United Dairies in 1915. The premises finally closed in February 2003 and have since been demolished to make way for housing (Cloatley Crescent, Dior Drive..). The Beaufort Brewery buildings are visible in the top right of the picture. Photographed in June 1930. Aerofilms Collection (see Links). Royal Wootton Bassett.

© Historic England

Featured Photos from the 1930s Print

Grimsby Docks 1933 EPW042806

GRIMSBY DOCKS, Lincolnshire. Aerial view, August 1933. This view shows Alexandra Dock, with the Victoria Mills, a moored sailing barge and Corporation Bridge to the right. Central Market and the clock tower are also visible. Lighters lie alongside the timber yard. Alexandra Dock was one of several expansions to Grimsby Docks to accommodate the extensive fishing fleet. Aerofilms Collection (see Links).

© Historic England

Featured Photos from the 1930s Print

'Tich' window display SAM01_04_0048

Two girls looking at a window display of Chad Valley Tich dolls, in the window of J J Samuels' stationery shop on Strand, London. Date range: 21st November 1931 - 24th November 1933. Tich was a comic strip character in the Daily Mirror. The comic was written by Frank Dowling and illustrated by 'Dart', and first appeared on 21 November 1931. The final Tich comic was published on 25 November 1933. The toys were produced by Chad Valley. In the early 20th century, J J Samuels had a shop at 371 Strand. By 1936, this had moved to 157 Strand.

© Historic England Archive