Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Historic Images > 45 > Photos from the 1930s

Photos from the 1930s Gallery

Choose from 88 pictures in our Photos from the 1930s collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Foundation ceremony, Liverpool EPW045203 Featured Photos from the 1930s Image

Foundation ceremony, Liverpool EPW045203

Chairs laid out for guests at the laying of the foundation stone for Edwin Lutyens Roman Catholic Cathedral for Liverpool, June 1933. This site, Brownlow Hill, had been purchased in 1930 and Lutyens design proposed the second largest church in the world with the world's largest dome. However after the crypt was completed financial restrictions meant the remainder of the design was never built. The new cathedral, designed by Sir Frederick Gibberd, was built adjacent to the crypt and was finally consecrated in 1967. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England

The Grenadier, Belgravia CXP01_01_045 Featured Photos from the 1930s Image

The Grenadier, Belgravia CXP01_01_045

The Grenadier, Wilton Row, Belgravia, City of Westminster, Greater London. A view from the south-east showing the front of The Grenadier and a man walking up the steps to the entrance of the pub.
In the Post Office directory of 1938, Sidney William Moore was recorded as being the landlord and in the photograph, his name can be seen above the door

© Historic England Archive

Tich window display SAM01_04_0048 Featured Photos from the 1930s Image

Tich window display SAM01_04_0048

Two girls looking at a window display of Chad Valley Tich dolls, in the window of J J Samuels stationery shop on Strand, London. Date range: 21st November 1931 - 24th November 1933. Tich was a comic strip character in the Daily Mirror. The comic was written by Frank Dowling and illustrated by Dart, and first appeared on 21 November 1931. The final Tich comic was published on 25 November 1933. The toys were produced by Chad Valley. In the early 20th century, J J Samuels had a shop at 371 Strand. By 1936, this had moved to 157 Strand

© Historic England Archive