sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Historic Images > Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944)

Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Bedford Lemere and Company photographers

Choose from 251 pictures in our Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Print

Comptometer Room, Stratford Cooperative Society 1914 BL22762

STRATFORD CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY, Maryland Street, Stratford, Greater London. Interior view of the Comptometer Room at Stratford Co-operative Society, showing girls and boys working on model 'E' compometers, manual calculating machines. The comptometer, invented in 1887 by American, Dor Felt, was the first successful manual calculating machine. The children in the photograph could be employed in work, with the school leaving age only being raised to 14 in the Education Act of 1918. Photographed by Harry Bedford Lemere, 1st July 1914

© Historic England

Featured Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Print

Royal opening of Birmingham General Hospital BL14150_001

BIRMINGHAM GENERAL HOSPITAL, Steelhouse Lane, Small Heath, Birmingham. Princess Christian of Schleswig-Holstein (formerly Princess Helena, daughter of Queen Victoria) arriving by carriage at Birmingham General Hospital during the opening ceremony. Princess Christian became president of the Royal British Nurses' Association and undertook an extensive programme of royal engagements including the opening of William Henman's General Hospital. Photographed by Bedford Lemere and Co. July 1897

© Historic England

Featured Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Print

Tring Park Museum BL11794

THE WALTER ROTHSCHILD ZOOLOGICAL MUSEUM, Tring Park, Buckinghamshire. Interior of the museum showing a shark, a swordfish, a skeleton and other exhibits. Photographed by Bedford Lemere for Lord Rothschild in September 1892. Constructed in 1889 as a private museum for Lord Rothschild's collection of mounted specimens, it opened to the public in 1892. It has been part of the Natural History Museum since 1937 and is still open to the public

© Historic England