Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Historic Images > Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944)

Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Gallery

Bedford Lemere and Company photographers

Choose from 251 pictures in our Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Masons College, Birmingham BL14248 Featured Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Image

Masons College, Birmingham BL14248

MASON'S COLLEGE, Paradise Street, Birmingham. Inside the Natural History Museum. Established as a college of science by Josiah Mason in 1880 it was intended to equip its graduates to serve local industry. The curriculum was confined to maths, physics, chemistry, natural sciences, physiology and engineering. The building was demolished in the 1960s to make way for the new public library. The photographer's daybook records J A Cossins as the architect. Photographed by Bedford Lemere and Co. in 1897

© Historic England

Billiard Hall 1903 BL17646 Featured Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Image

Billiard Hall 1903 BL17646

THURSTON'S BILLIARD HALL, Leicester Square, London. Interior of the match room, with seating for spectators. Numbers 45 and 46 Leicester Square were rebuilt in 1902 to 1903 to the designs of E Wimperis & East, for Thurston and Company, billiard table makers and billiard hall, who commissioned this photograph. Taken on 3rd June 1903 by Bedford Lemere & Co

© Historic England

Italian Hospital, London 1903 BL17920_011 Featured Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Image

Italian Hospital, London 1903 BL17920_011

ITALIAN HOSPITAL, Holborn, London. Interior view of a ward at the Italian Hospital with a young boy resting in his bed and a nurse in a distinctive uniform. Founded in 1884, the Italian Hospital (also known as the Ospidale Italiano) was established for the benefit of sick Italians living in London who were unable to pay for their own health care. This hospital was designed by architect Thomas W Cutler and built in 1898-9 on Queen Square. Photographed in 1903 by Harry Bedford Lemere

© Historic England