Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Historic Images > Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944)

Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Gallery

Bedford Lemere and Company photographers

Choose from 251 pictures in our Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


HMS Ophir BL16520_030 Featured Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Image

HMS Ophir BL16520_030

SS OPHIR. Interior of the Saloon from the Gallery. Photographed by Bedford Lemere in 1901 for Anderson Anderson & Co. From 1891 the liner was owned by the Orient Steamship Company and carried passengers to and from Australia via Aden and Colombo. In this year, 1901, she was on temporary service as a royal yacht (HMS Ophir), carrying the future King George V and his wife Mary to open the Australian Federal Parliament in Melbourne. Requisitioned for the war effort in 1915, she was returned to the owners in 1918, but was not refitted and was broken up in 1922

© Historic England

Council Chamber BL10039 Featured Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Image

Council Chamber BL10039

SPRING GARDENS, Westminster. Interior of the Council Chamber for London County Council. Photographed by Bedford Lemere in 1890 for the architect J Blashill, shortly after the Council Chamber had been fitted out. London County Council was created in 1889. It took over the role of the Metropolitan Board of Works and adopted its headquarters in Spring Gardens near Trafalgar Square. London County Council later moved to County Hall in Lambeth, where construction started in 1909

© Historic England

Eridge Castle BL13512 Featured Bedford Lemere Collection (1860s-1944) Image

Eridge Castle BL13512

ERIDGE CASTLE, Rotherfield, East Sussex. Interior of the Smoking Room after a fire, looking towards the fireplace. This picture shows the damage caused by the fire and the soot blackening on the plaster ceiling and panelled walls. The 2nd Earl of Abergavenny had converted Eridge House into a Gothic castle in 1792. This is no more and was replaced by a Neo-Georgian mansion in the 1930s. Photographed by Bedford Lemere in 1896

© Historic England