Skip to main content
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Images Dated > 2018 > June

Images Dated 2018 June

Choose from 29 pictures in our Images Dated 2018 June collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.

Coventry Cathedral UXC01_01_01_0007_07 Featured June Image

Coventry Cathedral UXC01_01_01_0007_07

Ruined Cathedral Church of St Michael, Bailey Lane, Coventry, Coventry, Coventry. A view of the spire of the ruined St Michael's Cathedral Church, seen from inside the ruins, looking west with the top of the Holy Trinity Church spire in the background. The church was one of the largest medieval parish churches and was made a cathedral in 1918. the damage was caused by an air raid in November 1940. Photographed by Ursula Clark after 1955

© Historic England Archive

Housemans Shaft Engine House at South Phoenix Mine DES01_02_010 Featured June Image

Housemans Shaft Engine House at South Phoenix Mine DES01_02_010

The roofless shell of Houseman's Shaft Engine House at South Phoenix Mine, Minions, Linkinhorne, Cornwall. List entry number: 1140490. Photographed by Eileen Deste. Date range 1960-1976. The mine was originally opened as Wheal Prosper in the 1830s. In 1836 it was amalgamated with other small mines to form the Cornwall Great United Mines and was later renamed Wheal Phoenix and then South Phoenix. Copper was originally mined at the site, although, as reserves of this dimished, the mine changed to extracting tin. This engine house was added to the site in the mid-19th century. The mine closed in the early 20th century and the engine house in now the Minions Heritage Centre

© Historic England Archive

Polperro OP04860 Featured June Image

Polperro OP04860

Polperro, Cornwall. The small fishing harbour of Polperro in Lansallos, as seen from the cliff path rising above Scilly Cove. Many wooden fishing sailboats are moored inside the harbour wall, and the village's houses crowd the steep hills either side of the river. Date range: 1850-1900. James Valentine and Sons Limited

© Historic England Archive