Skip to main content
emoji_people   Now is the perfect time to order your Christmas Prints and Gifts from our collection   card_giftcard
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Home > Images Dated > 2021 > June

Images Dated 2021 June

Choose from 154 pictures in our Images Dated 2021 June collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Devonshire House, Derby AA42_00925 Featured June Print

Devonshire House, Derby AA42_00925

Devonshire House, 32 - 36 Corn Market, Derby. The exterior of Devonshire House at 32-36 Corn Market. Devonshire House was built in the mid 18th century as the Derby town house of the Dukes of Devonshire - a place to reside when in Derby for pleasure or civic business. During the 19th and 20th centuries this once grand house saw a gradual decline in social status, prompted in circa 1814, when the 6th Duke opted to stay in alternative accommodation when in town. Devonshire House was converted for commercial use, with shops moving into the ground floor rooms and a market hall being built on the garden. Today only the northern 4 bays (those further from the camera) survive. The remainder was demolished in 1969, to be replaced by a Littlewood's Store (now Primark)

© Historic England Archive

Manchester Cathedral, 1942 AA42_00073 Featured June Print

Manchester Cathedral, 1942 AA42_00073

CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF ST MARY, FENNEL STREET, MANCHESTER. An interior view of Manchester Cathedral, or St Mary's Cathedral Church, showing the east end of the nave. Originally a collegiate parish church built between c1422 and 1520, the church received cathedral status in 1847. It underwent restoration or rebuilding between 1814-1815, 1862-1868, 1885-1886 and 1898. The cathedral has a west tower with a west porch and choir rooms, an aisled nave with north and south chapels and porches. The choir and presbytery are aisled, and have chapels north of the north aisle, and a vestry, library, chapter house and chapel south of the south aisle. To the east is a rectrochoir and lady chapel. The aisled nave has six bays and at the eastern end is a rood screen, erected by Bishop Stanley and re-worked by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1872. It has a central entrance flanked by three two light openings on each side. The parapet above was added by Scott, and has a projecting octagonal section. In the image, a screen or fabric hangs over the rood screen. The cathedral church was damaged during bombing in the Second World War

© Historic England Archive

County Hall Coventry, 1941 AA42_00527 Featured June Print

County Hall Coventry, 1941 AA42_00527

County Hall, Cuckoo Lane, Coventry. County Hall viewed from Cuckoo Lane with the tower of Holy Trinity Church in the background. The former courthouse at County Hall opened in 1783. In 1988 the courts moved to new premises in Much Park Street and the building lay empty until it was converted for use as a bar in 2000. It is now known as The Establishment. In this photograph the windows of County Hall are boarded, probably as a result of the air raids in November 1940 which left the adjacent cathedral in ruins and destroyed much of the historic fabric of the city

© Historic England Archive