Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Images Dated > 2022 > April > 29 Apr 2022

Images Dated 29th April 2022

Choose from 26 pictures in our Images Dated 29th April 2022 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Odeon Leicester Square NWC01_01_1857 Featured 29 Apr 2022 Image

Odeon Leicester Square NWC01_01_1857

ODEON CINEMA, LEICESTER SQUARE, CITY OF WESTMINSTER, GREATER LONDON. A decorated safety screen, with the Compton organ console in front, in the darkeneded auditorium of the Odeon Cinema.
The Leicester Square Odeon Cinema opened in November 1937 and was the flagship cinema in the Odeon chain. The interior has been altered and renovated numerous times over the 20th and 21st centuries. Alterations in 1967 removed many original features; the painted safety curtain is one of the few original fixtures to have been retained. In 2020, the organ was one of three Compton organs remaining in operating cinemas, the others being in the Plaza Cinema, Stockport, and the Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare

© Historic England Archive

Odeon Muswell Hill NWC01_01_2006 Featured 29 Apr 2022 Image

Odeon Muswell Hill NWC01_01_2006

ODEON CINEMA, FORTIS GREEN ROAD, MUSWELL HILL, HARINGEY, GREATER LONDON. The auditorium in the Odeon Cinema, viewed from the side of the circle, showing the curtained screen, proscenium and curved front and ceiling.
The Odeon Cinema opened in 1936. The exterior design of the building was restricted and subdued due to opposition from the church located opposite; the interior was therefore designed to compensate. The auditorium is described as being "the most elaborate interior of any Odeon cinema to survive". It was divided into three screens in 1974, with two screens in beneath the circle and a screen using seating in the circle and the original proscenium and screen; the former front stalls were unused. The cinema was renamed the Everyman Cinema in 2015. In 2016 two pod screens were built in the circle, while the former stalls were brought back into use and, along with the front of the circle, formed a new screen

© Historic England Archive