Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Images Dated > 2022 > June > 22 Jun 2022

Images Dated 22nd June 2022

Choose from 37 pictures in our Images Dated 22nd June 2022 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Burtons in Halifax MBC01_04_176 Featured 22 Jun 2022 Image

Burtons in Halifax MBC01_04_176

BURTONS, 22 - 24 OLD MARKET, HALIFAX, CALDERDALE, WEST YORKSHIRE. Looking up at the centre of the west, Princess Street elevation of the Burton store at 22-24 Old Market, showing the central relief carving bearing the company's logo.
Foundation stones were laid at the Old Market store by Arnold James Burton, Raymond Montague Burton and Stanley Howard Burton in 1932. The premises were later occupied by businesses including McDonald's. Stylised elephant heads, shown crowning pilasters between the first and second floor windows, are one a number of motifs used in the design of Burton stores. They feature on at least 9 stores designed in around 1931-1932

© Historic England Archive

Marks and Spencer in Huddersfield MBC01_03_024 Featured 22 Jun 2022 Image

Marks and Spencer in Huddersfield MBC01_03_024

Marks and Spencer, 23 New Street, Huddersfield, Kirklees, West Yorkshire. The front elevations of the similarly designed Burton and Marks and Spencer stores at 17-23 New Street.
Marks and Spencer moved from an existing site in Huddersfield to the former Burton premises at 19-23 New street in 1934. Burton has acquired the corner site, at 17 New Street, and built a smaller store of an almost identical design. The Burton store had closed by 2008 and the premises was occupied by Vision Express. The Marks and Spencer closed in 2019

© Historic England Archive

Cornhill shops Bury St Edmunds MBC01_02_002 Featured 22 Jun 2022 Image

Cornhill shops Bury St Edmunds MBC01_02_002

Boots, Cornhill, Bury St. Edmunds, West Suffolk. The Boots store and Post Office at 15 and 17-18 Cornhill.
The Boots store at 15 Cornhill was built in 1910-1911 and was designed by Michael Vyne Treleaven, Boots in-house architect. The first floor windows are flanked by statues of Agricola, St Edmund, Edward I and Edward VI, sculpted by Gilbert Seale and Son Ltd. The Post Office at 17-18 Cornhill was built in 1896 and was designed by H Tanner of H M Office of Works. In the early 2000s, 15 Cornhill was occupied by W H Smith. The Post Office later moved from 17-18 Cornhill to the same premises as W H Smith next door, and the original Post Office building was redeveloped in 2020 to create two commercial units and flats behind the original facade

© Historic England Archive