PORTISHEAD B POWER STATION, PORTISHEAD AND NORTH WESTON, NORTH SOMERSET. A view of Portishead B Power Station taken from the east side of the dock.
Portishead B Power Station opened in the mid 1950's. Portishead's original power station, which was completed in 1929, became known as Power Station A'. Portishead B was built on part of the Great Western Railway's original Portishead Railway Station, which was demolished and rebuilt closer to the centre. Portishead B had eight coal-fired and four oil-fired steam boilers. The power station closed in 1982, and the chimneys were demolished in 1992
Copyright © Historic England Archive. John Laing Photographic Collection
Credit: A© Historic England Archive. Joh
Keywords: 1970s, dockside, industrial, industry, power, power station, waterscape