COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL, GEDLING ROAD, ARNOLD, GEDLING, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE. A view looking south-west from an upper window in the science block at Arnold County High School, showing workers spreading gravel on the roofs of lower school buildings.
Work began on the site in March 1958 and construction was completed for the new school term in September 1959. The co-educational grammar school accommodated 720 pupils. In the mid 1960s another school was built nearby and in 1974 the two were amalgamated into a comprehensive. The Laing built school buildings were eventually demolished in 2017
Credit: A© Historic England Archive. Joh