Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > The way we were > Shopping

Shopping Gallery

Shops, markets and shoppers

Choose from 97 pictures in our Shopping collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Chemist shop CC53/00069 Featured Shopping Image

Chemist shop CC53/00069

103 Westgate Street, Gloucester, Gloucestershire. The exterior of 103 Westgate Street, premises of Bishop Hooper Pharmacy. Photographed between 1900 and 1930. This building is a town house dating from c.1645, which was later acquired by the City Council as part of the Gloucester Folk Museum

© Historic England Archive

Jettied, Shop, Stuart, Town House

Opening Yate Shopping Centre JLP01_08_071866 Featured Shopping Image

Opening Yate Shopping Centre JLP01_08_071866

Yate Shopping Centre, Yate, South Gloucestershire. A large crowd of people gathered around the fountain on Four Seasons Square for the official opening of Yate Shopping Centre.
Yate shopping centre was designed by architects Stone, Toms and Partners and was constructed by Laing. It was built to serve a growing population and was a link between the old village and the new town with its modern houses. The shopping centre consisted of four wide shopping precincts linked by a centre court, housing four banks, a supermarket and a Woolworths store. There were also large car parks and a bus terminal. The official opening of Yate Shopping Centre took place on 25th September 1965 with Coronation Street actress, Pat Phoenix (Elsie Tanner), carrying out the ceremony watched by radio and TV personality, Ted Ray

© Historic England Archive

Queensgate JLP01_10_10767 Featured Shopping Image

Queensgate JLP01_10_10767

QUEENSGATE CENTRE, CITY OF PETERBOROUGH. An interior view of Queensgate Shopping Centre taken from the Central Square escalator, showing the entrance to British Home Stores.
The contract for the Queensgate Centre, located in the heart of Peterborough, was awarded to Laing in 1975. Various planning enquiries and design changes delayed the start of the work however the inauguration ceremony finally took place in April 1978. The multi-level shopping centre was designed with a large car park and a new bus station, and many well-known retailers such as John Lewis, British Home Stores and Littlewoods were to occupy the larger stores. The complex was opened to the public on 9th March 1982

© Historic England Archive