Skip to main content

Home > The way we were > Victoriana

Victoriana Collection (#3)

134 Items

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Fort Brockhurst N990011

Fort Brockhurst N990011
FORT BROCKHURST, Gosport, Hampshire. Exterior view from the south east. Brick fortress built in the 1860s to defend Portsmouth Harbour

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Lexham Gardens, Kensington a064841

Lexham Gardens, Kensington a064841
LEXHAM GARDENS, Kensington, London. A view looking along Lexham Gardens from the north with the Hotel Lexham at Nos. 32 to 38 in the foreground. Photographed by John Gay in 1964

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Examination Schools, Oxford K991484

Examination Schools, Oxford K991484
EXAMINATION SCHOOLS, Oxford. Entrance front on Merton Street. Built in 1882 and designed by architect Sir Thomas Jackson

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge K991432

Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge K991432
FITZWILLIAM MUSEUM, Cambridge. Exterior view with pond in the foreground

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Stott Park Bobbin Mill N080027

Stott Park Bobbin Mill N080027
STOTT PARK BOBBIN MILL, Cumbria. Interior of the mill. Through the smoke can be seen the belts taking power to the borer and lathe. Wooden blanks, roughs and finished bobbins wait in baskets

Background imageVictoriana Collection: St Marys Church K940843

St Marys Church K940843
ST MARYs CHURCH, Studley Royal, North Yorkshire. Interior view of the decorated roof of the sanctuary. Gothic Revival

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Brodsworth Hall and Gardens K011592

Brodsworth Hall and Gardens K011592
BRODSWORTH HALL AND GARDENS, South Yorkshire. Mid nineteenth century Italian marble garden statue (Classical female figure with bird)

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Brodsworth Hall and Gardens N060045

Brodsworth Hall and Gardens N060045
BRODSWORTH HALL AND GARDENS, South Yorkshire. Italian marble statue next to the drive with the house in the background

Background imageVictoriana Collection: St Marys Church K021143

St Marys Church K021143
ST MARYs CHURCH, Studley Royal, North Yorkshire. Exterior view looking west up the avenue. Built during the 1870s by architect William Burges. Victorian Gothic

Background imageVictoriana Collection: 1863 fire fighting CC62_00070

1863 fire fighting CC62_00070
GRIMBLY HUGHES & COMPANY, Cornmarket Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire. Showing the remains of a shop destroyed by a second fire in 1863. A crowd has gathered

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Tower of London BB85_02174_a

Tower of London BB85_02174_a
TOWER OF LONDON, London. A view of the western approach to the Tower, including the two gatehouses Middle Tower and Byward Tower, both built by Edward I in the late 13th century

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Horse Guards BB83_01019

Horse Guards BB83_01019
HORSE GUARDS, Westminster, London. The west front of Horse Guards from Horse Guards Parade. Designed by William Kent, the building was executed by John Vardy in 1750-60

Background imageVictoriana Collection: The Shaftesbury Memorial K060099

The Shaftesbury Memorial K060099
THE SHAFTESBURY MEMORIAL, London. Eros statue. The Angel of Christian Charity

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Brodsworth Hall and Gardens K041024

Brodsworth Hall and Gardens K041024
BRODSWORTH HALL AND GARDENS, South Yorkshire. View of the gardens and fountain looking towards the house.Tulips in full bloom

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Cycling in Hyde Park CC97_01240

Cycling in Hyde Park CC97_01240
Cyclists in Hyde Park, London. York and Son 1870-1900

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Stott Park Bobbin Mill J010127

Stott Park Bobbin Mill J010127
STOTT PARK BOBBIN MILL, Finthswaite, Lakeside, Cumbria. Interior view of the main lathe workshop

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Stott Park Bobbin Mill J010122

Stott Park Bobbin Mill J010122
STOTT PARK BOBBIN MILL, Finthswaite, Lakeside, Cumbria. Exterior view from the East

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Paddington Station K030819

Paddington Station K030819
PADDINGTON STATION, Eastbourne Terrace, City of Westminster, London. An interior view looking along the train shed arches

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Witley Court fountain K040431

Witley Court fountain K040431
WITLEY COURT AND GARDENS, Worcestershire. View of the Perseus and Andromeda fountain

Background imageVictoriana Collection: The Palace Pier K011028

The Palace Pier K011028
THE PALACE PIER, Brighton, East Sussex. View of the pier at sunset

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Stott Park Bobbin Mill steam engine K011075

Stott Park Bobbin Mill steam engine K011075
STOTT PARK BOBBIN MILL, Lakeside, Cumbria. View of the steam engine

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Signpost at Three Lamps Junction

Signpost at Three Lamps Junction
Known familiarly as the Bishop of Bath and Wells. Situated on the Wells Road, Totterdown, Bristol. IoE 378922

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Public Convenience

Public Convenience
Cast iron gents urinal, located in Hockley, Birmingham. IoE 217725

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Bandstand, Victoria Park, Southport

Bandstand, Victoria Park, Southport
Cast iron bandstand in Victoria Park, Southport, Merseyside. IoE 456323

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Winding House and Headstocks at Bestwood Colliery

Winding House and Headstocks at Bestwood Colliery
This building is notable for the early use of structural concrete. IoE 425234

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Pump

Pump
Mid C19 cast iron pump with a long curved handle and spout. IoE 399999

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Education Committee Distribution Centre Office

Education Committee Distribution Centre Office
Wintery shot of the former school now offices, Newcastle upon Tyne. IoE 304372

Background imageVictoriana Collection: The Ashmolean Museum and the Taylor Institute

The Ashmolean Museum and the Taylor Institute
Built in 1841-45 to Neo-Greek design. IoE 245853

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Boundary Marker

Boundary Marker
Cast iron harbour boundary marker. IoE 236712

Background imageVictoriana Collection: St Marks Church Hall

St Marks Church Hall
Former church hall, now RSPCA centre, Lincoln. IoE 197754

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Drinking Fountain

Drinking Fountain
Queen Victoria Jubilee Fountain, Uppingham, Rutland. IoE 186822

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Church of St Paul

Church of St Paul
Victorian Parish Church, Stroud, Gloucestershire. IoE 132786

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Braystones Tower

Braystones Tower
Memorial Tower built to commemorate Queen Victorias Diamond Jubilee, Cumbria. IoE 351971

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Shelter

Shelter
Late C19 Shelter, Bexhill-On-Sea, East Sussex. IoE 292007

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Methodist Chapel

Methodist Chapel
Primative Methodist Chapel of 1838, Derbyshire. IoE 82626

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Village Pump

Village Pump
Cast Iron Water Pump, Longstanton, Cambridgeshire. IoE 50819

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Lych Gate

Lych Gate
Entrance to churchyard of the Church of All Saints, Aylesbury Vale. IoE 42690

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Church of All Saints

Church of All Saints
Victorian parish church by Butterfield. IoE 140840

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Crystal Palace CC97_01549

Crystal Palace CC97_01549
CRYSTAL PALACE, Sydenham, London. A view of the palace from the south east looking over the grounds (late 19th century). It was built to house the Great Exhibition of 1851 in Hyde Park

Background imageVictoriana Collection: St Pancras Hotel DD59_00075

St Pancras Hotel DD59_00075
ST PANCRAS HOTEL (or Midland Grand Hotel), Camden, London. St Pancras Hotel was built to the Italianate Gothic designs of Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1868-74

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Queen Victoria in 1897 D880039

Queen Victoria in 1897 D880039
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. The Ryde Album. Queen Victoria in the dress she wore to St Pauls Cathedral for her Jubilee thanksgiving service in 1897

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Sargent - Margaret Hyde, Countess of Suffolk J020044

Sargent - Margaret Hyde, Countess of Suffolk J020044
KENWOOD HOUSE, London. " Margaret Hyde, 19th Countess of Suffolk " ( Daisy, nee Leiter), 1898 by John Singer SARGENT (1856-1925)

Background imageVictoriana Collection: The Royal Albert Hall K991017

The Royal Albert Hall K991017
THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL, London. View of the concert hall at night

Background imageVictoriana Collection: St Pancras Station 1895 CC73_02377

St Pancras Station 1895 CC73_02377
ST PANCRAS STATION, Camden, London. An interior view of St Pancras Station, looking down on the platforms which are busy with commuters

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Station Master BB98_05551

Station Master BB98_05551
STATION MASTER, Finmere Station, Oxfordshire. In 1898-99 the Great Central Railway Company (formed 1897) created a main railway route from Sheffield through Nottingham and Leicester to London

Background imageVictoriana Collection: The Royal Exchange, City of London a065448

The Royal Exchange, City of London a065448
ROYAL EXCHANGE, City of London. An interior view of the elaborate vaulted and domed cast iron and glass roof and pedimented Ionic first floor windows of the Royal Exchange. Photographed by John Gay

Background imageVictoriana Collection: Burford Mop Fair CC57_00428

Burford Mop Fair CC57_00428
BURFORD, Oxfordshire. A view of the High Street during the Hiring Fair (Mop Fair) with stalls set out. Photographed in 1895 by Henry Taunt

Background imageVictoriana Collection: St. Pancras Hotel staircase a062211

St. Pancras Hotel staircase a062211
ST PANCRAS HOTEL, London. Interior of the Midland Grand Hotel at St Pancras looking up towards the stone vaulted ceiling above the grand staircase. Photographed by John Gay. Date range: 1960-1972



All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping