Skip to main content

Home > Architecture > Medieval Architecture

Medieval Architecture Collection (#5)

211 Items

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Kenilworth Castle K900477

Kenilworth Castle K900477
KENILWORTH CASTLE, Warwickshire. The Castle from across the mere

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Kenilworth Castle J050157

Kenilworth Castle J050157
KENILWORTH CASTLE, Warwickshire. View of the Strong Tower, Great Hall and Saintlowe Tower from the West

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Kenilworth Castle N070113

Kenilworth Castle N070113
KENILWORTH CASTLE, Warwickshire. 2003 aerial view

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Helmsley Castle K030855

Helmsley Castle K030855
HELMSLEY CASTLE, North Yorkshire. View of the West range from the North West with the East tower beyond

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Farleigh Hungerford Castle J040060

Farleigh Hungerford Castle J040060
FARLEIGH HUNGERFORD CASTLE, Somerset. View of the gatehouse

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Orford Castle K020768

Orford Castle K020768
ORFORD CASTLE, Suffolk. A view of the Keep from the south west, showing entrance through the forebuilding at first floor level

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Warkworth Castle K021167

Warkworth Castle K021167
WARKWORTH CASTLE, Northumberland. General view of the castle

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Eltham Palace M000528

Eltham Palace M000528
ELTHAM PALACE, London. Interior view of the Great Hall

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Stokesay Castle K970749

Stokesay Castle K970749
STOKESAY CASTLE, Shropshire. West Range and South Tower from the courtyard

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Cliffords Tower K970365

Cliffords Tower K970365
CLIFFORDs TOWER, York, North Yorkshire. View looking north from the Assize Courts. clifford

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Framlingham Castle K022201

Framlingham Castle K022201
FRAMLINGHAM CASTLE, Suffolk. The castle in snow. Exterior view looking north from the bailey

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Goodrich Castle J060162

Goodrich Castle J060162
GOODRICH CASTLE, Herefordshire. View of south side of the castle showing rock-cut ditch, keep, curtain wall and two corner towers

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Goodrich Castle J060154

Goodrich Castle J060154
GOODRICH CASTLE, Herefordshire. View from the south east corner also showing gatehouse, south-west tower and bedrock platform

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Stokesay Castle J020077

Stokesay Castle J020077
STOKESAY CASTLE, Shropshire. A 13th century fortified manor house. View of the north tower of the West Range from the north west

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Chapel of Our Lady of the Crag

Chapel of Our Lady of the Crag
Carved out of cliff face. Early C15 with late C17 and early C18 alterations. Knaresborough, North Yorkshire. IoE 330697

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Church of St Andrew

Church of St Andrew
Grade II* listed Anglican parish church located in Shrewton, Wiltshire. IoE 319833

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Ruins Of The Old Halnaker House

Ruins Of The Old Halnaker House
Gateway of the medieval mansion house. IoE 300701

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Remains of St Giles Hospital

Remains of St Giles Hospital
Ruins of medieval leper hospital chapel, Maldon, Essex. IoE 464998

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Tower of St Catherines Oratory

Tower of St Catherines Oratory
A rare survival of a medieval lighthouse. Locally nicknamed the Pepper Pot. Chale, Isle of Wight. IoE 392680

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Lymm Cross CGH01_02_01_013

Lymm Cross CGH01_02_01_013
The Cross, Lymm, Warrington. A man walking past the Lymm Cross. Watercolour painting possibly by William Alexander (d.1815). Artwork collected by C G Harper

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Alnmouth & Aln Estuary K011711

Alnmouth & Aln Estuary K011711
ALNMOUTH & ALN ESTUARY, Northumberland. View of a cross at the head of the estuary

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Flodden Field K940715

Flodden Field K940715
FLODDEN FIELD, Northumberland. Site of battle of 1513. Memorial cross

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Deeping St. James CGH01_02_01_012

Deeping St. James CGH01_02_01_012
Village Cross, Deeping St. James, Lincolnshire. a view from the south-east of a woman sitting on the steps, with St James Church in the background

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Eleanor Cross Northampton CGH01_02_01_015

Eleanor Cross Northampton CGH01_02_01_015
Eleanor Cross, London Road, Hardingstone, Northampton. Pencil drawing signed by William Alexander (d.1815). Artwork collected by C G Harper

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Church of St Piran N050055

Church of St Piran N050055
CHURCH OF ST PIRAN, near Perranporth, Cornwall. Site of St Pirans church. Oblique view of the cross with sunset sky in the background

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Sandbach Crosses J010096

Sandbach Crosses J010096
SANDBACH CROSSES, Cheshire. Reconstruction drawing of one of the crosses in the 9th century before it was moved to Sandbach, by Peter Dunn (English Heritage Graphics Team)

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Reaps Cross

Reaps Cross
Wayside cross in an isolated position on wild moorland overlooking Gorple Lower Reservoir, West Yorkshire. IoE 423310

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Lindisfarne Viking stone J870085

Lindisfarne Viking stone J870085
LINDISFARNE PRIORY, Northumberland. Viking stone. A 10th century carved cross-shaft of the kind that would have stood on the cross base now in the north transept

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Selby Market Cross a81_00688

Selby Market Cross a81_00688
Market Cross, Market Place, Selby, North Yorkshire. View from the south-east of the Market Cross in June 1936

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Anglo Saxon Cross Wolverhampton CGH01_02_01_024

Anglo Saxon Cross Wolverhampton CGH01_02_01_024
Anglo Saxon Cross, St Peters Collegiate Church, Wolverhampton. Nineteenth century pencil drawing showing the Anglo Saxon cross shaft in the churchyard. Artwork collected by C G Harper

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Sandbach Cross CGH01_02_01_020

Sandbach Cross CGH01_02_01_020
Sandbach Crosses, Market Square, Sandbach, Cheshire. the carvings on each side of one of the Sandbach Crosses prior to the 1816 restoration. Watercolour painting dated 1806

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Anglo-Saxon Cross head a058966

Anglo-Saxon Cross head a058966
Church of St Michael, Cropthorne, Worcestershire. Detail of Cross head, 825-50

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Monks Stone North Tyneside CGH01_02_01_018

Monks Stone North Tyneside CGH01_02_01_018
Monks Stone, Beach Road, Preston, North Tyneside. The Monks Stone in its original location outside Monk House Farm. The stone was later removed to the cloister garth of Tynemouth Priory

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Butter Cross Scarborough CGH01_02_01_016

Butter Cross Scarborough CGH01_02_01_016
Butter Cross, Low Conduit Street, Scarborough, North Yorkshire. Watercolour painting signed by Sir Henry Englefield, 1783. Artwork collected by C G Harper

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Lindisfarne Priory Stone J870087

Lindisfarne Priory Stone J870087
LINDISFARNE PRIORY, Holy Island, Northumberland. Lindisfarne Stone 8th century Anglo-Saxon cross-shaft with interlaced animal decoration. Anglo Saxon

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Market Cross Cheddar CGH01_02_01_017

Market Cross Cheddar CGH01_02_01_017
Market Cross, Cheddar, Somerset. View from the north with St Andrews Church in the background. Watercolour painting signed by William Alexander (d.1815). Artwork collected by C G Harper

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Lacock Village Cross CGH01_02_01_014

Lacock Village Cross CGH01_02_01_014
Village Cross, High Street, Lacock, Wiltshire. A view from the north-west, with the Red Lion Inn in the background. Watercolour painting possibly by William Alexander (d.1815)

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Bristol High Cross CGH01_02_01_007

Bristol High Cross CGH01_02_01_007
Bristol High Cross, Stourhead, Stourton With Gasper, Wiltshire. Watercolour painting possibly by William Alexander (d.1815). Artwork collected by C G Harper

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Churchyard Cross, Somersby CGH01_02_01_005

Churchyard Cross, Somersby CGH01_02_01_005
Cross, St Margarets Church, Somersby, Lincolnshire. Watercolour painting possibly by William Alexander (d.1815) showing a view from the south-east of the cross in the churchyard

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Market Cross, Bishops Lydeard CGH01_02_01_006

Market Cross, Bishops Lydeard CGH01_02_01_006
Market Cross, Bishops Lydeard, Somerset. Watercolour painting possibly by William Alexander (d.1815) showing the fifteenth century Market Cross, now in the churchyard of St Marys Church

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Mercian Cross CGH01_02_01_004

Mercian Cross CGH01_02_01_004
Mercian Cross, St Mary And St Johns Church, Rothley, Leicestershire. Watercolour painting possibly by William Alexander (d.1815) showing the Mercian cross shaft in the churchyard

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Nevilles Cross CGH01_02_01_001

Nevilles Cross CGH01_02_01_001
Nevilles Cross, Crossgate Peth, Durham. A nineteenth century watercolour painting of the remains of the Early Medieval cross. Artwork collected by C G Harper

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Winchester Butter Cross CGH01_01_0128

Winchester Butter Cross CGH01_01_0128
A view from the north-west of the Butter Cross, High Street, Winchester, Hampshire. Drawn by C G Harper 1892-1933

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Stretham, Cambridgeshire CGH01_01_1106

Stretham, Cambridgeshire CGH01_01_1106
Stretham, Cambridgeshire. A view from the south-west of the High Street, showing the Village Cross with people in the street. Drawn by C G Harper between 1892-1933

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Church of St Piran N050056

Church of St Piran N050056
CHURCH OF ST PIRAN, near Perranporth, Cornwall. Site of St Pirans church. The cross among the sand dunes

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Cross

Cross stands on the site of the lock-up of the ancient manor and borough of Ruyton, Shropshire. IoE 256689

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: The Monks Well

The Monks Well
Eye catcher consisting of ruined wall with an archway and a cross. IoE 57214

Background imageMedieval Architecture Collection: Bottesford Market Cross CGH01_01_0133

Bottesford Market Cross CGH01_01_0133
Bottesford, Leicestershire. The Market Cross, stocks and whipping post on Market Street, with the Bull Hotel in the background, and a tandem bicycle leaning against a wall



All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping