sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Flight > England from the Air > The North-West from the Air

The North-West from the Air Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Cheshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Merseyside and Greater Manchester

Choose from 80 pictures in our The North-West from the Air collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured The North-West from the Air Print

Three Graces EPW003065

A number of vessels plying their trade on the River Mersey. George's Stage and the Three Graces, Liverpool. The "Three Graces" shown here in 1920, are the Royal Liver Building (completed in 1911 with two clock towers crowned by mythical Liver Birds), the Cunard Building (completed in 1916) and the Port of Liverpool Building (completed in 1907). The landing stage at Pier Head served the transatlantic liner service. Aerofilms Collection

© Historic England Archive

Featured The North-West from the Air Print

Birkenhead in 1920 EPW004029

BIRKENHEAD, Merseyside, August 1920. Aerial view. Prominent in the foreground are Queens Buildings with St James Church on its roundabout and Corporation Street. On the West Float of Wallasey Pool two Graving docks can be seen (beneath the aircraft wing) adjacent to Brassey's Canada Iron Works (where materials and rolling stock for Canada's Grand Trunk Railway were manufactured in the 1850s and 1860s) and the huge flour mills (including Ocean Flour Mills), which in the 1920s were milling more grain than anywhere else in Europe. The East Float, Mersey and Liverpool's Three Graces can be made out in the distance. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England

Featured The North-West from the Air Print

Lowry Centre 21156_01

Lowry Centre, Salford Quays, Salford, Greater Manchester. An aerial view of the Lowry Centre. Named after the artist, L. S. Lowry, it houses two theatres, three art galleries as well as conference facilities. Designed by Michael Wilford and Partners and the late Sir James Stirling, it opened in 2000. Photographed in March 2001

© Historic England Archive