Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com

Destruction Gallery

Available as Prints and Gift Items

Choose from 98 pictures in our Destruction collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Holland House library after an air raid BB83_04456
Holland House library after an air raid BB83_04456
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Bomb damage, Birmingham 1942 OP09006
Bomb damage, Birmingham 1942 OP09006
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Exeter bomb damage OP07079
Exeter bomb damage OP07079
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Brides Church, London 1941 BB69_02583
St Brides Church, London 1941 BB69_02583
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Bomb damage, Exeter BB42_00712
Bomb damage, Exeter BB42_00712
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Bomb damage, Liverpool 1941 BB90_03807
Bomb damage, Liverpool 1941 BB90_03807
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Exeter 1942 BB42_00714
Exeter 1942 BB42_00714
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Exeter Cathedral bomb damage BB42_00740
Exeter Cathedral bomb damage BB42_00740
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Sidwells Church, Exeter 1942 BB42_03938
St Sidwells Church, Exeter 1942 BB42_03938
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Fenian bombing BL05153
Fenian bombing BL05153
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Horsefair Birmingham, 1941 AA42_00440
Horsefair Birmingham, 1941 AA42_00440
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Bomb damage, London 1941 BL5947
Bomb damage, London 1941 BL5947
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Holland House library after an air raid BB83_04456 Featured Print

Holland House library after an air raid BB83_04456

HOLLAND HOUSE, Kensington, London. An interior view of the bombed library at Holland House with readers apparently choosing books regardless of the damage. Photographed in 1940. The House was heavily bombed during World War II and remained derelict until 1952 when parts of the remains were preserved.
Holland House, originally known as Cope Castle, was a great house in Kensington in London, situated in what is now Holland Park. Created in 1605 in the Elizabethan or Jacobean style for the diplomat Sir Walter Cope, the building later passed to the powerful Rich family, then the Fox family, under whose ownership it became a noted gathering-place for Whigs in the 19th century. The house was largely destroyed by German firebombing during the Blitz in 1940; today only the east wing and some ruins of the ground floor still remain.
In 1940, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth attended the last great ball held at the house. A few weeks later, on 7 September, the German bombing raids on London that would come to be known as the Blitz began. During the night of 27 September, Holland House was hit by twenty-two incendiary bombs during a ten-hour raid. The house was largely destroyed, with only the east wing, and, miraculously, almost all of the library remaining undamaged. Surviving volumes included the sixteenth-century Boxer Codex.
Holland House was granted Grade I listed building status in 1949, under the auspices of the Town and Country Planning Act 1947; the Act sought to identify and preserve buildings of special historic importance, prompted by the damage caused by wartime bombing. The building remained a burned-out ruin until 1952, when its owner, Giles Fox-Strangways, 6th Earl of Ilchester, sold it to the London County Council (LCC). The remains of the building passed from the LCC to its successor, the Greater London Council (GLC) in 1965, and upon the dissolution of the GLC in 1986 to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
Today, the remains of Holland House form a backdrop for the open air Holland Park Theatre, home of Opera Holland Park. The YHA (England and Wales) "London Holland Park" youth hostel is now located in the house. The Orangery is now an exhibition and function space, with the adjoining former Summer Ballroom now a restaurant, The Belvedere. The former ice house is now a gallery space

© Historic England Archive

Ramsgate sands PEN01_15_03_29424
Ramsgate sands PEN01_15_03_29424
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
The Crescent Plymouth nbr_leica_vi_34_21
The Crescent Plymouth nbr_leica_vi_34_21
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Andrews Plymouth nbr_leica_v_23_03
St Andrews Plymouth nbr_leica_v_23_03
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Inner Temple Hall CXP01_01_154
Inner Temple Hall CXP01_01_154
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Park Row CXP01_01_129
Park Row CXP01_01_129
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Cumberland Market CXP01_01_135
Cumberland Market CXP01_01_135
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Cumberland Market CXP01_01_128
Cumberland Market CXP01_01_128
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Pauls CXP01_01_087
St Pauls CXP01_01_087
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Pauls CXP01_01_086
St Pauls CXP01_01_086
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Pauls CXP01_01_085
St Pauls CXP01_01_085
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Pauls CXP01_01_084
St Pauls CXP01_01_084
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Mary-le-Bow CXP01_01_083
St Mary-le-Bow CXP01_01_083
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Ramsgate sands PEN01_15_03_29424 Featured Print

Ramsgate sands PEN01_15_03_29424

Royal Victoria Pavilion, Harbour Parade, Ramsgate, Thanet, Kent. A general view showing Ramsgate sands, with a partial view of the Royal Victoria Pavilion in the foreground and the Ramsgate Harbour Station in the mid-ground, photographed between 1926 and 1939.
The pavilion was built in 1903 by Stanley Davenport Adshead and originally contained a theatre and cafe. It was later converted to a casino and to a public house in 2018. To the north of the pavilion was the Ramsgate Harbour Station, a second railway station built in 1863 and closed in 1926. It was used as a site of seaside entertainment, along with the Pleasurama and Ramsgate Tunnels, and was destroyed by a fire in 1998

© Historic England Archive

St Mary-le-Bow CXP01_01_082
St Mary-le-Bow CXP01_01_082
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Mary-le-Bow CXP01_01_081
St Mary-le-Bow CXP01_01_081
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Giles Cripplegate CXP01_01_080
St Giles Cripplegate CXP01_01_080
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Mary Aldermanbury CXP01_01_090
St Mary Aldermanbury CXP01_01_090
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Demolition at Whitehall Gardens CXP01_01_075
Demolition at Whitehall Gardens CXP01_01_075
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Demolition at Whitehall Gardens CXP01_01_091
Demolition at Whitehall Gardens CXP01_01_091
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Demolition at Whitehall Gardens CXP01_01_079
Demolition at Whitehall Gardens CXP01_01_079
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Collingwood Street, Blackfriars CXP01_01_058
Collingwood Street, Blackfriars CXP01_01_058
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Grays Inn CXP01_01_056
Grays Inn CXP01_01_056
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Lamb Building, Temple CXP01_01_044
Lamb Building, Temple CXP01_01_044
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Hammersmith CXP01_01_048
Hammersmith CXP01_01_048
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Whitehall Gardens 1930s CXP01_01_043
Whitehall Gardens 1930s CXP01_01_043
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Mary Aldermanbury CXP01_01_090 Featured Print

St Mary Aldermanbury CXP01_01_090

St Giles Cripplegate, Fore Street, City of London. A view looking north-west across a bomb damaged landscape towards St Giles Cripplegate Church in the distance with St Mary Aldemanbury on the right of the foreground.
St Mary Aldermanbury which was rebuilt by Christopher Wren after the Great Fire of London in 1666 was later gutted by fire during the Blitz in 1940. The remains of the walls were removed and rebuilt in Fulton, Missouri in 1966 as a memorial to Winston Churchill, although the footings of the church remain on the original site in a public garden

© Historic England Archive

Cumberland Market CXP01_01_071
Cumberland Market CXP01_01_071
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Lamb Building, Temple CXP01_01_067
Lamb Building, Temple CXP01_01_067
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
1930s Portsmouth CXP01_01_039
1930s Portsmouth CXP01_01_039
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
George Hotel Portsmouth CXP01_01_052
George Hotel Portsmouth CXP01_01_052
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Guildhall York, 1945 AA45_05206
Guildhall York, 1945 AA45_05206
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
The Rookery Sutton Coldfield, 1942 AA42_03385
The Rookery Sutton Coldfield, 1942 AA42_03385
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Bilston Street, Wolverhampton AA42_03227
Bilston Street, Wolverhampton AA42_03227
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Market Hall Wolverhampton, 1942 AA42_03222
Market Hall Wolverhampton, 1942 AA42_03222
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Andrews Worcester, 1942 AA42_03478
St Andrews Worcester, 1942 AA42_03478
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Bartholomews Heigham, 1942 AA42_03745
St Bartholomews Heigham, 1942 AA42_03745
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
St Luke's Church Liverpool AA63_07033
St Luke's Church Liverpool AA63_07033
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock
Moundsley Hall AA42_01049
Moundsley Hall AA42_01049
Full Range of Prints and Gifts in Stock