Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Home > Images Dated > 2010 > July

Images Dated 2010 July

Choose from 107 pictures in our Images Dated 2010 July collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Barbican Centre N100535 Featured July Print

Barbican Centre N100535

BARBICAN CENTRE, London. View of the brutalist architecture of the Barbican and flats that surround the centre. Listed Grade II (NHLE 1352667)

© Historic England

Modern, Residential

Henge and ringwork, Hornsea 28086_011 Featured July Print

Henge and ringwork, Hornsea 28086_011

Neolithic henge reused as a Bronze Age ringwork in Hornsea, East Yorkshire
Historic England's aerial reconnaissance team spotted the buried remains of this rare and unusual prehistoric site during a dry summer. The layout of the site with the central circular feature, suggests that it was a Neolithic henge. The monument lies on slightly elevated ground, with open water likely to have surrounded it on three sides prior to subsequent silting and drainage in more recent centuries. The henge is surrounded by a field system. This suggests that it was reused in the Bronze Age as a settlement. The importance of this site led it to be protected as a scheduled monument

© Historic England Archive

Naval & Military Club, 94 Piccadilly, London BL05533 Featured July Print

Naval & Military Club, 94 Piccadilly, London BL05533

NAVAL AND MILITARY CLUB, 94 Piccadilly, St James's, Greater London. Exterior view from the street. The architect Matthew Brettingham designed this grandiose London mansion in the Palladian style. Begun in 1759, it is one of the few great London town houses still standing. Originally Egremont House, it later came to be known as Cholmondley House then Cambridge House. The Naval & Military Club acquired it after Lord Palmerston's death in 1865 and retained ownership until 1996. The club came to be known as the In and Out on account of the prominent signs on the gate piers. Photographed by Harry Bedford Lemere on the 26th February 1885

© Historic England