Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > The way we were > Victoriana > Victorian shopping and dining

Victorian shopping and dining Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 32 pictures in our Victorian shopping and dining collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


St Giles Fair, Oxford CC49_00539 Featured Victorian shopping and dining Print

St Giles Fair, Oxford CC49_00539

St Gilesa?? Fair, Oxford, Oxfordshire, September 1905.
Photographed by Henry William Taunt (1842-??1922) on silver gelatin glass plate negative. Despite the bustle of St Giles'??s Fair, the photographer Henry Taunt has inevitably attracted attention perched, presumably on a stepladder, above the fairgoers. Employees of the ornately decorated Taylor'??s Royal Electric Coliseum are drumming up business, and a Fried Fish and Chip Potato wagon stands beside the gas lamp. St Giles'??s Fair had evolved from a parish wake first mentioned in 1624 into a major amusement fair with special trains bringing visitors from far afield. Taunt photographed the fair from the late 1860s, hoping of course to sell many images, and also out of personal interest

© Historic England

Lace advertisement 8E_STR_1820 Featured Victorian shopping and dining Print

Lace advertisement 8E_STR_1820

392 The Strand, London. An engraving dated 1820 showing the elevation of 392 Strand, premises of Urling's Lace. The engraving was produced as an advertisement for G F Urling and Company, announcing a forthcoming change of address and featuring samples of real lace and cotton thread decorating the shop-front window. The engraving indicates that the business formerly operated out of premises at 143 Cheapside. A label on the engraving gives details of the new "more extensive premises over the way, 147, Strand, Somerset House". Coloured engraving from the Mayson Beeton Collection

© Historic England