Skip to main content

Victorian Collection (#6)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Ballooning CVS01_01_019

Ballooning CVS01_01_019
Tales of balloon flight. A smartly dressed group has gathered to pose for a photograph with a near-inflated balloon. Cecil Shadbolt is pictured standing third from the right, wearing a bowler hat

Background imageVictorian Collection: ballooning CVS01_01_041

ballooning CVS01_01_041
A hand-coloured lantern slide showing Shadbolts balloon Reliance taking off from the grounds of Alexandra Palace, with large crowds watching. A second balloon is preparing for launch

Background imageVictorian Collection: Chelsea Barracks a60_01116

Chelsea Barracks a60_01116
Chelsea Barracks, Chelsea Bridge Road, London. The barracks of 1861-63 from the south, photographed by Herbert Felton in 1960

Background imageVictorian Collection: Ballooning CVS01_01_042

Ballooning CVS01_01_042
Tales of balloon flight. Hand-coloured engraving of two men in a balloon flying over London. This engraving is by William Lionel Wyllie

Background imageVictorian Collection: St Matthias Church, Stoke Newington ME001062

St Matthias Church, Stoke Newington ME001062
ST MATTHIAS CHURCH, Wordsworth Road, Stoke Newington, Hackney, London. Pen and ink sketch impression of Christmas decorations and temporary reredos around 1870, with lady in period costume

Background imageVictorian Collection: Victorian golfers CC76_00354

Victorian golfers CC76_00354
Burnham And Berrow Golf Course, Somerset. Opened in 1891 by Burnham Golf Club, the course was originally nine holes. It was extended in 1896 and the club changed its name to Burnham

Background imageVictorian Collection: Westwood Manor OP05899

Westwood Manor OP05899
Group portrait outside the entrance front of Westwood Manor, Wiltshire, c.1860. Unknown photographer, albumen print. Westwood Manor dates from the 15th century

Background imageVictorian Collection: St Georges Hall OP02751

St Georges Hall OP02751
St Georges Hall, St Georges Plateau, Liverpool, 1854-55. Attributed to Thomas Sutton (1819-75), salted paper print. Cabs stand outside the newly built neoclassical St Georges Hall

Background imageVictorian Collection: Lichfield Cathedral OP08956

Lichfield Cathedral OP08956
Cathedral Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St Chad, Lichfield, Staffordshire, c 1860. Francis Bedford (1816-'94), albumen print

Background imageVictorian Collection: Bradfield House OP01896

Bradfield House OP01896
Bradfield House, Bradfield, Uffculme, Devon, April 1853. Unknown photographer, albumen print. One of a remarkable series of photographs taken before

Background imageVictorian Collection: Bradfield House OP01731

Bradfield House OP01731
Bradfield House, Bradfield, Uffculme, Devon, April 1852. Unknown photographer, dilute albumen print from a paper negative

Background imageVictorian Collection: Harvesting at Trenance BB98_06122

Harvesting at Trenance BB98_06122
Mr Richard Harvey and workers harvesting at Trenance, Mullion, Cornwall, 1900-'1. Alfred Newton & Son. Silver gelatin glass plate negative

Background imageVictorian Collection: Clovelly, Devon OP04926

Clovelly, Devon OP04926
CLOVELLY, Torridge, Devon. A view up the main cobbled street in Clovelly, with a donkey on the cobbles and a woman standing on the terrace of the New Inn talking to a man below

Background imageVictorian Collection: Queen Victorias Sitting Room, Osborne House J070032

Queen Victorias Sitting Room, Osborne House J070032
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. View of Queen Victorias Sitting Room. Some items shown maybe on loan from the Royal Collection

Background imageVictorian Collection: Nursery Bedroom, Osborne House J070025

Nursery Bedroom, Osborne House J070025
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. Interior view of the Nursery Bedroom. Some items shown maybe on loan from the Royal Collection

Background imageVictorian Collection: Sham Abbey CC97_02085

Sham Abbey CC97_02085
ABINGDON, Oxfordshire. Overgrown arcades and windows of the sham abbey ruin in the gardens of Abingdon Abbey. Photographed in 1892 by Henry W Taunt

Background imageVictorian Collection: Knight - General Sir George Murray N070508

Knight - General Sir George Murray N070508
APSLEY HOUSE, London. " General Sir George Murray" c.1840s (1772-1846) by John Prescott KNIGHT (1803-1881). WM 1538-1948

Background imageVictorian Collection: Lych gate CC97_02858

Lych gate CC97_02858
ST ANDREWS CHURCH, Sonning, Berkshire. The wooden lych gate of the church, built in the Victorian period, with a narrow lane behind. Photographed by Henry Taunt (active 1860 - 1922)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Market Place, Fairford CC57_00343

Market Place, Fairford CC57_00343
MARKET PLACE, Fairford, Gloucestershire. A woman in a horse and trap outside a clothiers shop in the picturesque cotswold town. Photographed in 1890 by Henry Taunt

Background imageVictorian Collection: Frozen Thames CC72_00707

Frozen Thames CC72_00707
RIVER THAMES near Oxford, Oxfordshire. A crowd of people and horse drawn carriages standing on the frozen River Thames, with barges moored against the bank in the background

Background imageVictorian Collection: Cassiobury House CC56_00850

Cassiobury House CC56_00850
CASSIOBURY HOUSE, Cassiobury Park, Watford, Hertfordshire. Looking towards the house from the south east. The Elizabethan mansion which was remodelled by Hugh May in 1675

Background imageVictorian Collection: All Saints Church, Marlow CC73_00782

All Saints Church, Marlow CC73_00782
MARLOW, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. Looking across the Thames with the bridge and All Saints Church beyond, taken from the Compleat Angler Hotel

Background imageVictorian Collection: Magdalen College bell tower CC50_00191

Magdalen College bell tower CC50_00191
MAGDALEN COLLEGE, Oxford, Oxfordshire. A street view looking along the High Street towards the 144 foot high bell tower of Magdalen College

Background imageVictorian Collection: Lime Walk in the snow CC54_00329

Lime Walk in the snow CC54_00329
TRINITY COLLEGE, Oxford, Oxfordshire. Looking down the Lime Walk in the college grounds under a heavy covering of snow. The walk probably dates to the 1680s when formal parts of the garden were laid

Background imageVictorian Collection: Carpenter - Georgiana Thellusson J950101

Carpenter - Georgiana Thellusson J950101
BRODSWORTH HALL, South Yorkshire. Georgiana Thellusson 1850 by CARPENTER, Margaret Sarah (1793 - 1872)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Balcombe Viaduct a98_05398

Balcombe Viaduct a98_05398
BALCOMBE VIADUCT, West Sussex. Built in 1841, the Balcombe Viaduct over the River Ouse on the London-Brighton line north of Haywards Heath is 1

Background imageVictorian Collection: Royal Border Bridge a98_07079

Royal Border Bridge a98_07079
ROYAL BORDER BRIDGE, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland. A train crossing the Royal Border Railway Viaduct. The 28-arch viaduct was designed by Robert Stephenson and opened by Queen Victoria in 1850

Background imageVictorian Collection: Mattress delivery vans BL14021

Mattress delivery vans BL14021
HEAL AND SON LIMITED, 195-199 Tottenham Court Road, London. Staff and horse-drawn wagons loaded with mattresses and bedding made at the site, posing in the courtyard

Background imageVictorian Collection: The Duke of Wellington reading despatches J050176

The Duke of Wellington reading despatches J050176
APSLEY HOUSE, London. Engraving of The Duke of Wellington reading despatches at Apsley House in 1846

Background imageVictorian Collection: Cliveden ferry CC72_01262

Cliveden ferry CC72_01262
CLIVEDEN FERRY, Cliveden, Taplow, Buckinghamshire. The ferryman is ready to take two men and a boy across the river. The man seated on the side of the boat holds a camera

Background imageVictorian Collection: National Liberal Club BL08411

National Liberal Club BL08411
NATIONAL LIBERAL CLUB, Whitehall Place, Westminster, London. Interior view of the Smoking Room. The National Liberal Club was built in 1884-1887 to designs by the architect Alfred Waterhouse

Background imageVictorian Collection: The Grange, Northington BL08705

The Grange, Northington BL08705
THE GRANGE, Northington, Hampshire. Interior view of the dining room at The Grange. The Grange at Northington was originally built in 1670-1673, and was subject to extensive later alterations

Background imageVictorian Collection: Evacuating a Fortress K021677

Evacuating a Fortress K021677
WALMER CASTLE AND GARDENS, Kent. " Evacuating a Fortress" - Wellington leaving Walmer for the Ship Hotel by John Doyle (HB), 1842. Cartoon drawing of the first Duke of Wellington

Background imageVictorian Collection: Ye Olde Christmas Side Board. Osborne House, 1888 D880038

Ye Olde Christmas Side Board. Osborne House, 1888 D880038
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. The Ryde Album. Ye Olde Christmas Side Board. Osborne 1888

Background imageVictorian Collection: The Drawing Room, Osborne House c. 1890 D880036

The Drawing Room, Osborne House c. 1890 D880036
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. The Ryde Album. Interior view. The Drawing Room c.1890

Background imageVictorian Collection: Queen Victoria and Prince Edward D880044

Queen Victoria and Prince Edward D880044
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. The Ryde Album. Queen Victoria and her great-grandson Prince Edward (1894-1972). The young prince was later to become Prince of Wales

Background imageVictorian Collection: Queen Victoria and grand-daughter with pony Jim D880020a

Queen Victoria and grand-daughter with pony Jim D880020a
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. The Ryde Album. Queen Victoria and grand-daughter with pony Jim

Background imageVictorian Collection: Prince George, Duke of York D880017b

Prince George, Duke of York D880017b
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. The Ryde Album. Prince George, Duke of York (1865-1936). Grandson of Queen Victoria and heir to his father Edward Prince of Wales (later Edward VII)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Princess Beatrice D880048

Princess Beatrice D880048
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. The Ryde Album. Princess Beatrice (1857-1944), or more properly Princess Henry of Battenberg. Youngest daughter of Queen Victoria

Background imageVictorian Collection: The Saloon, Audley End House DD58_00096

The Saloon, Audley End House DD58_00096
AUDLEY END HOUSE, Essex. Interior view. The saloon was created within the Jacobean House in the 1760s by Sir John Griffin Griffin to display the portraits of his ancestors

Background imageVictorian Collection: Drawing Room, Osborne House 1896 BL13900

Drawing Room, Osborne House 1896 BL13900
OSBORNE HOUSE, Whippingham, East Cowes, Isle Of Wight. Interior view of the drawing room. Photographed by Harry Bedford Lemere in 1896

Background imageVictorian Collection: Hafiz Abdul Karim K010292

Hafiz Abdul Karim K010292
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. Photograph from album " Royal Tableaux, Osborne". " Munshi Abdul Karim" 1893. Hafiz Abdul Karim (c.1863-1909)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Warner Estate, Walthamstow BL09288

Warner Estate, Walthamstow BL09288
WARNER ESTATE, Walthamstow, Greater London. Shops on the Warner Estate, Walthamstow. Photographed by Harry Bedford Lemere on the 16th May 1889

Background imageVictorian Collection: Halton House gardens BL11779

Halton House gardens BL11779
THE GARDENS OF HALTON HOUSE, Buckinghamshire. The gardens of Halton House with a rustic bridge and summer house. The country house and its gardens were laid out between 1881 and 1883

Background imageVictorian Collection: Queen Victorias Royal Train BL17421_005

Queen Victorias Royal Train BL17421_005
THE ROYAL TRAIN. An interior view of the sitting room on Queen Victorias Royal Train. Victoria was the first monarch to use this mode of transport; her first journey took place on 13th June 1842

Background imageVictorian Collection: Cloisters at Birmingham General Hospital BL14826

Cloisters at Birmingham General Hospital BL14826
BIRMINGHAM GENERAL HOSPITAL, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham Small Heath, Birmingham, West Midlands. View along the cloisters at Birmingham General Hospital. Photographed by Harry Bedford Lemere, May 1898

Background imageVictorian Collection: Birkenhead Town Hall 1888 BL08733

Birkenhead Town Hall 1888 BL08733
BIRKENHEAD TOWN HALL, Hamilton Square, Birkenhead, Merseyside. Exterior of Birkenhead Town Hall showing the portico. A policeman and by-stander look to camera

Background imageVictorian Collection: Equestrian statues, St. Georges Hall, Liverpool M950878

Equestrian statues, St. Georges Hall, Liverpool M950878
OSBORNE HOUSE, Isle of Wight. Photograph from a Royal Family album. The equestrian statues of Queen Victoria (1869) and Prince Albert (1866) outside St. Georges Hall, Liverpool



All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping