Skip to main content

Victorian Collection (#9)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Anderton Boat Lift a99_09245

Anderton Boat Lift a99_09245
ANDERTON BOAT LIFT, Cheshire. Floodlit night view from the west. The Boat Lift opened in 1875. It was built to transfer canal boats between the River Weaver Navigation and the Trent & Mersey Canal

Background imageVictorian Collection: Woolwich Public Baths PLA01_03_0237

Woolwich Public Baths PLA01_03_0237
The Old Baths, Bathway, Woolwich, Greenwich, Greater London. The entrance of The Old Baths performing arts centre of the University of Greenwich, originally the Woolwich Public Baths

Background imageVictorian Collection: Hackney Baths PLA01_03_0096

Hackney Baths PLA01_03_0096
Kings Hall Leisure Centre, Lower Clapton Road, Lower Clapton, Hackney, Greater London. The front, Lower Clapton Road elevation of the Kings Hall Leisure Centre, originally Hackney Baths

Background imageVictorian Collection: Honours board PLA01_02_009

Honours board PLA01_02_009
Olympic Bowling Club, Park Vale Road, Liverpool. The honours board at the Olympic Bowling Club, Liverpool. The club was founded in 1892

Background imageVictorian Collection: Leicester Haymarket OP32418

Leicester Haymarket OP32418
HAYMARKET, CITY OF LEICESTER. A view from Humberstone Gate showing a crowd gathered at the junction of Church Gate, East Gates and Gallowtree Gate

Background imageVictorian Collection: Fort Gilkicker 33939_006

Fort Gilkicker 33939_006
Fort Gilkicker, a semi circular, casemented coastal battery, Gosport, Hampshire, 2020. A Palmerston fort built in the 1860s to protect the anchorage at Spithead

Background imageVictorian Collection: Back-to-back houses EFC01_01_05_032_56925

Back-to-back houses EFC01_01_05_032_56925
Chapel Street, Headingley, Leeds. The front of 6-14 Chapel Street seen from the south-east. These gritstone houses were originally built in the mid-19th century as part of two terraces of

Background imageVictorian Collection: Boots in Skipton a58_00215

Boots in Skipton a58_00215
SHEEP STREET, SKIPTON, CRAVEN, NORTH YORKSHIRE. Exterior view of the front elevation of Boots the Chemist on Sheep Street

Background imageVictorian Collection: Birmingham Canal Navigations Head Office BCN01_01_01

Birmingham Canal Navigations Head Office BCN01_01_01
Birmingham Canal Navigations Head Office, Paradise Street, Birmingham. Exterior view showing the front elevation in 1876. The gateways through this building gave access to the Old Wharf canal

Background imageVictorian Collection: Ramsgate Harbour DP247129

Ramsgate Harbour DP247129
Ramsgate Harbour, Ramsgate, Thanet, Kent. General view of the harbour from the south, showing East Pier, where a boat is under repair on a slipway, and at the centre the Custom House of 1894-5

Background imageVictorian Collection: Iron flower DP235731

Iron flower DP235731
Shrewsbury Flaxmill Maltings, Spring Gardens, Ditherington, Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Detail of an iron flower head, part of the ironwork of the coronet on top of the flaxmills Jubilee Tower

Background imageVictorian Collection: Centenary Mill Preston 28808_007

Centenary Mill Preston 28808_007
Centenary Mill, Preston, Lancashire, 2015. Built in the 1890s. Named Centenary Mill to commemorate the foundation of John Horrocks first mill

Background imageVictorian Collection: Kielder Railway Viaduct 28914_036

Kielder Railway Viaduct 28914_036
Kielder, Northumberland. The disused Kielder Railway Viaduct, built in 1862 on the Border Counties Railway, Near Keilder, 2016

Background imageVictorian Collection: Ramsgate Queen Street PEN01_15_03_29429

Ramsgate Queen Street PEN01_15_03_29429
Queen Street, Ramsgate, Thanet, Kent. A street view of Queen Street, seen from the east near the junction with York Street, and looking west with a partial view of 51 Queen Street in the background

Background imageVictorian Collection: Baron Lawrence P_G03353_001

Baron Lawrence P_G03353_001
BARON LAWRENCE STATUE, WATERLOO PLACE, CITY OF WESTMINSTER, GREATER LONDON

Background imageVictorian Collection: Lord Herbert of Lea P_G03423_001

Lord Herbert of Lea P_G03423_001
LORD HERBERT OF LEA STATUE, WATERLOO PLACE, CITY OF WESTMINSTER, GREATER LONDON. Sidney Herbert (1810-1861) was a close ally of Florence Nightingale

Background imageVictorian Collection: The Crescent Plymouth nbr_leica_vi_34_21

The Crescent Plymouth nbr_leica_vi_34_21
The Crescent, Plymouth. A view from the east showing bomb damage to 15 The Crescent

Background imageVictorian Collection: Chepstow Rail Bridge JRU01_01_190

Chepstow Rail Bridge JRU01_01_190
Chepstow Rail Bridge, Tidenham, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. The eastern section of Chepstow Rail Bridge, viewed from the north-west, with a train travelling across the bridge

Background imageVictorian Collection: British Lion Wharf CXP01_01_040

British Lion Wharf CXP01_01_040
BANKSIDE, SOUTHWARK, GREATER LONDON. A view looking east along Bankside on the south side of the River Thames, showing a man walking past British Lion Wharf and Cardinals Wharf at number 49

Background imageVictorian Collection: Watts Warehouse Manchester a42_01751

Watts Warehouse Manchester a42_01751
WATTS WAREHOUSE, PORTLAND STREET, MANCHESTER. A detailed view of Watts Warehouse, now the Brittania Hotel, showing three bays of the basement to second floor

Background imageVictorian Collection: Corporation Street Birmingham, 1941 a42_00402

Corporation Street Birmingham, 1941 a42_00402
Coleridge Chambers, 175 - 177 Corporation Street, Birmingham. Coleridge Chambers, home of the Ideal Benefit Society and Barclays Bank, at 175-177 Corporation Street

Background imageVictorian Collection: Union Street Ladywood Birmingham, 1941 a42_00461

Union Street Ladywood Birmingham, 1941 a42_00461
Midland House, 27 - 30 Union Street, Ladywood, Birmingham. Midland House, the premises of Chamberlain King & Jones Limited, at 27-30 Union Street and 12 Union Passage, showing bomb damage

Background imageVictorian Collection: Great Western Arcade Birmingham, 1941 a42_00436

Great Western Arcade Birmingham, 1941 a42_00436
GREAT WESTERN ARCADE, TEMPLE ROW, BIRMINGHAM. The entrance to the Great Western Arcade from Temple Row with two signs for ARP Shelters visible on lamp posts in the foreground

Background imageVictorian Collection: St Annes School Deritend a42_00472

St Annes School Deritend a42_00472
St Annes School, Alcester Street, Deritend, Digbeth, Birmingham. An old man seated outside St Annes School, Alcester Street

Background imageVictorian Collection: Royal Institute Museum a41_00129

Royal Institute Museum a41_00129
Royal Institute Museum, Albion Street, City of Kingston upon Hull. An exterior view of the Royal Institute Museum, built in 1852 by Cuthbert Brodrick and destroyed by the Hull blitz

Background imageVictorian Collection: Trinity House Chapel, 1941 a41_00073

Trinity House Chapel, 1941 a41_00073
Chapel at Hull Trinity House and Statue Outside East Front, Princes Dock Street, City of Kingston upon Hull. An exterior view of the east elevation of Trinity House Chapel

Background imageVictorian Collection: Farringdon CC97 / 02249

Farringdon CC97 / 02249
London Street, Farringdon, Oxfordshire. General view down London Street with the Folly Inn in the forground. Photographed by Henry Taunt in 1905

Background imageVictorian Collection: Old Birmingham BB65_04648

Old Birmingham BB65_04648
A view from Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham looking into Queens Head Yard, the door to the Queens Head Tavern to the right. Glass plate negative photographed 1875

Background imageVictorian Collection: New Place Gardens, Stratford-upon-Avon BL05172

New Place Gardens, Stratford-upon-Avon BL05172
A view from the west in New Place Gardens towards the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, showing children and adults in the gardens with the Shakespeare Monument just visible on the left. 23 May 1884

Background imageVictorian Collection: Tree with doves DP348860

Tree with doves DP348860
Royal Arcade, Back Of The Inns, Norwich, Norfolk. DDetail of stained-glass depicting doves and flowers in a tree, in the semi-circular top of the Royal Arcade's arcuated entrance, from the west

Background imageVictorian Collection: Tiled frieze DP348858

Tiled frieze DP348858
Royal Arcade, Back Of The Inns, Norwich, Norfolk. Detail of a tiled frieze at first-floor level on the north side of the Royal Arcade, with abstract heart-shaped lotus-bud decorations, by G. J

Background imageVictorian Collection: Peacock tiling DP348857

Peacock tiling DP348857
Royal Arcade, Back Of The Inns, Norwich, Norfolk. Detail of a tiled frieze at first-floor level on the east side of the Royal Arcade, with decoration depicting a peacock amongst leaves, by G. J

Background imageVictorian Collection: No Mans Land Fort EAC692690

No Mans Land Fort EAC692690
No Mans Land Fort, Solent, off Ryde, Isle of Wight, 2002

Background imageVictorian Collection: The Cedars OFH01_01_01_f09_02

The Cedars OFH01_01_01_f09_02
The Cedars, Ranelagh Road, Putney, Wandsworth, Greater London. The western terrace of The Cedars, seen from the south west

Background imageVictorian Collection: Feathers Boat House OFH01_01_01_f09_01

Feathers Boat House OFH01_01_01_f09_01
Feathers Boat House, Wandsworth, Wandsworth, Greater London. The Feathers Boat House, also known as The Feathers Tavern, seen across the canal running parrallel to the River Wandle

Background imageVictorian Collection: Lower Richmond Road OFH01_01_01_f08_05

Lower Richmond Road OFH01_01_01_f08_05
Lower Richmond Road, Putney, Wandsworth, Greater London. The view looking east along Lower Richmond Road (then Windsor Street)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Red Lion OFH01_01_01_f08_04

Red Lion OFH01_01_01_f08_04
Lower Richmond Road, Putney, Wandsworth, Greater London. The view from outside St Mary's Church looking towards Lower Richmond Road (then Windsor Street)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Eight Bells OFH01_01_01_f08_03

Eight Bells OFH01_01_01_f08_03
Lower Richmond Road, Putney, Wandsworth, Greater London. The view looking south east along Lower Richmond Road (formerly Windsor Street)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Putney High Street OFH01_01_01_f07_13

Putney High Street OFH01_01_01_f07_13
PUTNEY HIGH STREET, PUTNEY, WANDSWORTH, GREATER LONDON. The view looking north along Putney High Street from the junctions of Norroy Road (right) and Disraeli Road (right)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Railway Hotel OFH01_01_01_f07_11

Railway Hotel OFH01_01_01_f07_11
Railway Hotel, Upper Richmond Road, Putney, Wandsworth, Greater London. The crossroads of Putney High Street (foreground)

Background imageVictorian Collection: Putney High Street OFH01_01_01_f06_05

Putney High Street OFH01_01_01_f06_05
PUTNEY HIGH STREET, PUTNEY, WANDSWORTH, GREATER LONDON. The view looking along Putney High Street towards the River Thames

Background imageVictorian Collection: Putney High Street OFH01_01_01_f06_04

Putney High Street OFH01_01_01_f06_04
PUTNEY HIGH STREET, PUTNEY, WANDSWORTH, GREATER LONDON. The view from the lower end of Putney High Street with Betts Butcher's shop at number 15 seen to the left. This image is reproduced as Fig

Background imageVictorian Collection: The Cedars OFH01_01_01_f09_03

The Cedars OFH01_01_01_f09_03
The Cedars, Ranelagh Road, Putney, Wandsworth, Greater London. A fallen tree in front of The Cedars. This photograph appears in William Fields's Photographs of Putney

Background imageVictorian Collection: Putney OFH01_01_01_f05_16

Putney OFH01_01_01_f05_16
PUTNEY HIGH STREET, PUTNEY, WANDSWORTH, GREATER LONDON. An elevated view looking towards Putney Bridge from Putney High Street showing building work at number 15 with St Mary's Church Putney to

Background imageVictorian Collection: Putney High Street OFH01_01_01_f05_06

Putney High Street OFH01_01_01_f05_06
PUTNEY HIGH STREET, PUTNEY, WANDSWORTH, GREATER LONDON. The view from Putney Bridge looking along Putney High Street with St Mary's Church in the left foreground

Background imageVictorian Collection: Putney Bridge OFH01_01_01_f03_19

Putney Bridge OFH01_01_01_f03_19
PUTNEY BRIDGE, PUTNEY, WANDSWORTH, GREATER LONDON. The view from the tower of St Mary's Church, Putney looking across the new Putney Bridge towards All Saints Church

Background imageVictorian Collection: Putney Bridge OFH01_01_01_f03_17

Putney Bridge OFH01_01_01_f03_17
PUTNEY BRIDGE, PUTNEY, WANDSWORTH, GREATER LONDON. The view from Lower Richmond Road, Putney looking across the new Putney Bridge towards All Saints Church

Background imageVictorian Collection: Fulham toll house OFH01_01_01_f02_16

Fulham toll house OFH01_01_01_f02_16
Old Putney Bridge, Fulham, Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London. The north end of the old Putney Bridge with the Fulham toll house in the centre of the view



All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping