Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Historic Images > Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006)

Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

A small selection from this huge aerial photography specialist

Choose from 173 pictures in our Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Royal Naval College, Dartmouth EPW024215 Featured Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) Print

Royal Naval College, Dartmouth EPW024215

ROYAL NAVAL COLLEGE, Dartmouth, Devon, photographed in 1928. This officer training college was purpose built on this site in 1905 to a design by Sir Aston Webb. The college originated in 1863 and had previously housed students in hulks moored on the River Dart. Cadets as young as 13 were trained here in naval skills and leadership. Graduates from Dartmouth provided much of the officer corps of the Royal Navy through both World Wars. The present Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and Duke of York all attended the college. Now known as the Britannia Royal Naval College, this building still provides a training base for naval officers of many foreign and commonwealth countries as well as the Royal Navy. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England

Liverpool, 1946 EAW001911 Featured Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) Print

Liverpool, 1946 EAW001911

LIVERPOOL. Aerial view, 12th July 1946, showing the area around the five way junction of Duke Street, Hanover Street and Paradise Street (the former Sailors Home, now demolished, stands at the junction) in July 1946. The widespread devastation caused by bombing during the Second World War is apparent. Liverpool Old Custom House on Canning Place stands roofless in the foreground after firebomb damage in the Liverpool blitz of 1941. It was demolished in 1950. Some whole blocks in the area around South John Street have been cleared and levelled ready for redevelopment. Most of this network of streets are now occupied by Chavasse Park, the Moat House Hotel and the Bus Station. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England Archive

Coventry Cathedral EAW024986 Featured Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) Print

Coventry Cathedral EAW024986

COVENTRY CATHEDRAL. The old Cathedral was destroyed by incendiary bombs on 14 November 1940, with only its spire and outer walls surviving. Seen here from the air in July 1949 the Cathedral is surrounded by empty plots where other buildings were destroyed in the Coventry Blitz. The interior of the Cathedral had been cleared and looks very much as it still does today. A new Cathedral was completed on adjoining land in 1962. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England