Skip to main content

Home > Historic Images > Famed Photographers > Eric de Mare Collection (1955-1980)

Eric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection

Choose a picture from our collection for your Wall Art and Photo Gifts

99 Items

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Stockport viaduct a98_05394

Stockport viaduct a98_05394
RAILWAY VIADUCT, Stockport, Greater Manchester. This evocative urban landscape shows the railway viaduct in Stockport, looking along the river. Photographed by Eric de Mare in 1954

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Kings College Chapel a98_04190

Kings College Chapel a98_04190
KINGs COLLEGE CHAPEL, Cambridge, Interior view. The organ is dominant, standing on the screen which divides the chapel and ante-chapel

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Tulip staircase, Queens House a98_06118

Tulip staircase, Queens House a98_06118
QUEENs HOUSE, Romney Road, Greenwich, London. Interior detail view of Queens House, Greenwich showing a tulip / spiral staircase. Photographed by Eric de Mare. Date range: 1945 - 1980

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: FerryBridge AA98 / 05454

FerryBridge AA98 / 05454
FERRYBRIDGE, Brotherton, North Yorkshire. Cooling towers at Ferrybridge Power Station form the background to this view of the Church of St Edward at Brotherton, North Yorkshire

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Stairwell, University of Birmingham a98_05526

Stairwell, University of Birmingham a98_05526
Department of Commerce and Social Science, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands. Interior view. Looking up a stairwell towards the domed ceiling in the Department of

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Battersea Power Station a98_05903

Battersea Power Station a98_05903
BATTERSEA POWER STATION, London. View from the north bank of the River Thames at night. It was designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott in 1937 and was the largest brick building in europe

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Consett Steel Works a98_06557

Consett Steel Works a98_06557
CONSETT STEEL WORKS, Durham. General view of the Consett Steel Works showing trackways and overhead piping. The works supplied the materials for everything from Blackpool Tower to Britains nuclear

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Clink Wharf Ltd. a98_05351

Clink Wharf Ltd. a98_05351
CLINK WHARF LIMITED, Clink Street, St Mary Overys Dock, Southwark, London. The River Thames in London was lined with wharves into the 1950s

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge a98_05144

HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge a98_05144
TOWER BRIDGE, Stepney, London. Looking down onto the foredeck of the cruiser HMS Belfast. Being guided up the River Thames by two tugs on the approach to Tower Bridge

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Royal Albert Bridge a98_05393

Royal Albert Bridge a98_05393
Royal Albert Bridge, Saltash, Cornwall. This bowstring tubular plate girder railway bridge over the River Tamar connects Devonport in Devon to Saltash in Cornwall

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Bridge House, Ambleside a98_05105

Bridge House, Ambleside a98_05105
BRIDGE HOUSE, Ambleside, Cumbria. The small bridge at Ambleside in Cumbria was built to link a house and gardens with orchards on the other side of the stream

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Patcham Windmill a98_05267

Patcham Windmill a98_05267
PATCHAM, East Sussex. Three horsemen ride past Patcham tower mill on the Downs behind Brighton. Photographed by Eric de Mare (active 1945-80)

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Durham Cathedral door knocker a98_05177

Durham Cathedral door knocker a98_05177
DURHAM CATHEDRAL, Durham. The famous Sanctuary door knocker on the north door of Durham Cathedral. The north door dates from 1140. Photographed by Eric de Mare between 1945 and 1980

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Tyne bridges, Newcastle a55_04312

Tyne bridges, Newcastle a55_04312
THE TYNE BRIDGES, Newcastle upon Tyne. A view from Newcastle quayside of the Tyne Bridge opened in 1928 by King George V. In the distance the Swing Bridge designed by William Armstrong

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Euston Arch a98_05420

Euston Arch a98_05420
EUSTON ARCH, Euston Station, Euston Road, Camden Town, London. Traffic outside the Euston Arch. The arch was designed by Philip Hardwick in 1837 as part of a screen

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Wellington Arch a98_05917

Wellington Arch a98_05917
WELLINGTON ARCH, Westminster, London. Detail view of Wellington Arch (also known as Constitution Arch or the Green Park Arch) showing two columns. Photographed by Eric de Mare. Date range: 1945-1980

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Lune Aqueduct a98_05166

Lune Aqueduct a98_05166
LUNE AQUEDUCT, Lancaster Canal, Lancashire. The Lune Aqueduct near Halton carries the Preston to Kendal Canal over the River Lune

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Fowey, Cornwall a98_04376

Fowey, Cornwall a98_04376
FOWEY, Cornwall. A woman walks down a narrow street in Fowey, with the River Fowey just visible in the distance. The almshouses are on the right

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Wansford Old Bridge a98_05106

Wansford Old Bridge a98_05106
WANSFORD OLD BRIDGE, Wansford, Cambridgeshire. View of the Wansford Old Bridge. It was originally built in 1571 and was altered in the 17th and 18th centuries. Photographed by Eric de Mare

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Clifton Suspension Bridge a98_04334

Clifton Suspension Bridge a98_04334
CLIFTON SUSPENSION BRIDGE, Clifton, Bristol. The walkway beside the road shows the bridges Egyptian temple-like towers and massive engineering features

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Royal York Crescent, Clifton, Bristol a98_04326

Royal York Crescent, Clifton, Bristol a98_04326
ROYAL YORK CRESCENT, Clifton, Bristol. View of Royal York Crescent, Clifton, which dates from circa 1810-20. Photographed by Eric de Mare. Date range: 1945 - 1980

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Clifton Suspension Bridge a98_04333

Clifton Suspension Bridge a98_04333
Clifton Suspension Bridge, Clifton, Bristol. View of the Clifton Suspension Bridge seen from the river bank below. It was designed in the 1830s

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Hastings a98 / 05468

Hastings a98 / 05468
HASTINGS, East Sussex. View of two women walking past a group of fishermens stores ( net shops ) during 1956. Eric de Mare

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Dinham Bridge, Ludlow a98_04933

Dinham Bridge, Ludlow a98_04933
DINHAM BRIDGE, Ludlow, Shropshire. General view from an elevated position showing the River Teme in the foreground. Dinham Bridge at Ludlow was built in 1823

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Theatre Royal, Newcastle a55_04404

Theatre Royal, Newcastle a55_04404
THEATRE ROYAL, Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne. The portico of the Royal Theatre viewed from a high vantage point. The theatre was opened in 1837. Photographed by Eric de Mare between 1945 and 1955

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Railway Viaducts a98_05399

Railway Viaducts a98_05399
RAILWAY VIADUCTS, Chapel Milton, Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire. View of the twin railway viaducts at Chapel Milton. Photographed by Eric de Mare in 1954

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Palace of Westminster a98_05898

Palace of Westminster a98_05898
PALACE OF WESTMINSTER, London. A view of the Houses of Parliament, including the Big Ben clock tower, from the River Thames at night. Photographed by Eric de Mare. Date range: 1945-1980

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Wye Bridge, Hereford a98_05099

Wye Bridge, Hereford a98_05099
WYE BRIDGE, Hereford. Rowing boats for hire on the River Wye just downstream from the Wye Bridge, which was first built in 1490 but has since been much restored and widened

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Chester City Walls a98_04500

Chester City Walls a98_04500
CHESTER CITY WALLS, Cheshire. The medieval city wall of Chester is the most complete in England. The walls date mostly from the 13th-century, though they are much repaired

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Coade lion and Big Ben a98_05642

Coade lion and Big Ben a98_05642
COADE LION, Westminster Bridge Road, Lambeth, London. Detail of the Coade stone Lion on Westminster Bridge with the clock of Big Ben in the background

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: The Royal Albert Hall a98_06829

The Royal Albert Hall a98_06829
THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL, London. Detail of a decorative frieze and statue. 1960s photograph by Eric de Mare

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Royal Festival Hall and Shot Tower a98_05906

Royal Festival Hall and Shot Tower a98_05906
ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL, Belvedere Road, South Bank, Lambeth, London. The Royal Festival Hall looking south from Waterloo Bridge, was designed by Sir Robert Matthew and J L Martin

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Barton Swing Aqueduct a98_05171

Barton Swing Aqueduct a98_05171
Boats on the Barton Swing Aqueduct, carrying the Bridgewater Canal over the Manchester Ship Canal. Trafford, Greater Manchester. Photographed by Eric de Mare sometime in the 1950s

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Old Bristol a98_04315

Old Bristol a98_04315
HOST STREET, Bristol. View along Host Street, Bristol. Photographed by Eric de Mare between 1945 and 1980

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Balcombe Viaduct a98_05398

Balcombe Viaduct a98_05398
BALCOMBE VIADUCT, West Sussex. Built in 1841, the Balcombe Viaduct over the River Ouse on the London-Brighton line north of Haywards Heath is 1

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Albert Dock, Liverpool a60_04458

Albert Dock, Liverpool a60_04458
ALBERT DOCK, Liverpool, Merseyside. A view of small craft in Albert Dock. The dock was opened in 1846 and prospered until the invention of steam driven ships which were too big for the docks; unlike

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Chesterton Windmill a98_05261

Chesterton Windmill a98_05261
CHESTERTON WINDMILL, Chesterton, Warwickshire. Chesterton Windmill was built in 1632 and remained in working use until 1910

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Shakespeare Royal Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon a98_05226

Shakespeare Royal Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon a98_05226
SHAKESPEARE ROYAL THEATRE, Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire. A view of the Shakespeare Royal Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon looking across the river, with swans in the foreground

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Cooling Towers a98_06099

Cooling Towers a98_06099
West Burton A Power Station, West Burton, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire. General view showing cooling towers. Photographed by Eric de Mare

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Wellington Mills, Leek a98_04470

Wellington Mills, Leek a98_04470
WELLINGTON MILLS, Strangman Street, Leek, Staffordshire. Exterior view showing the pedimented section with a lamp standard in the foreground

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Crystal Palace entrance arcade a98_06470

Crystal Palace entrance arcade a98_06470
CRYSTAL PALACE, Sydenham, Greater London. Interior view showing the entrance arcade from the station below the Crystal Palace Parade. Photographed by Eric de Mare between 1945 and 1980

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: St Pauls Cathedral, City of London a98_06400

St Pauls Cathedral, City of London a98_06400
CITY OF LONDON. An elevated view of the City of London looking towards St Pauls Cathedral. The empty building plots being used as car parks in the foreground are bomb sites which had still not been

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Royal Border Bridge a98_07079

Royal Border Bridge a98_07079
ROYAL BORDER BRIDGE, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland. A train crossing the Royal Border Railway Viaduct. The 28-arch viaduct was designed by Robert Stephenson and opened by Queen Victoria in 1850

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Alnwick lions a98_05038

Alnwick lions a98_05038
PERCY TENANTRY COLUMN, Alnwick, Northumberland. A detail of the Percy Tenantry Column in Alnwick showing two of the lions at the base of the monument

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Royal Pavilion, Brighton a98_04130

Royal Pavilion, Brighton a98_04130
ROYAL PAVILION, Brighton, East Sussex. A view of the Royal Pavilion, Brighton, showing domes. The Royal Pavilion was created for the Prince of Wales (later George IV) in 1815-22 by John Nash

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: The Old Royal Naval College a98_06414

The Old Royal Naval College a98_06414
OLD ROYAL NAVAL COLLEGE, Greenwich, London. Exterior perspective view of the college looking along the colonnade. The main building work took place between 1696 and 1712

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: St Ias Church, St Ives a98_04734

St Ias Church, St Ives a98_04734
ST IAs CHURCH, St Ives, Cornwall. The east end of the early 15th-century church of St Ia, St Ives, seen from the harbour. A boat is pulled up in the foreground

Background imageEric de Mare Collection (1955-1980) Collection: Mary Ardens House a98_05228

Mary Ardens House a98_05228
MARY ARDENs HOUSE / PALMERs FARM, Station Road, Wilmcote, Aston Cantlow, Warwickshire. This house was first referred to as Mary Ardens House in 1798



All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping