Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Architecture > Cinemas

Cinemas Gallery

Choose from 54 pictures in our Cinemas collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Regent Theatre Hanley NWC01_01_0211 Featured Cinemas Image

Regent Theatre Hanley NWC01_01_0211

Regent Theatre, Piccadilly, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent. A view from the stage looking out on the auditorium of the Regent Theatre, where a group of people is gathered, showing the ceiling dome above
The Regent Theatre opened in February 1929. In 1950 the cinema was renamed the Gaumont Cinema, and in 1976 it became the Odeon. The cinema closed in October 1989 and remained unoccupied until the mid 1990s, when it was renovated before reopening in 1999. The renovation work included enlargement of the stage and alterations to the auditorium. The proscenium arch was removed and repositioned, and the dome was altered; this photograph shows the dome after renovation and has therefore been dated to post-1999

© Historic England Archive

Alhambra Leicester Square CC97_00503 Featured Cinemas Image

Alhambra Leicester Square CC97_00503

Alhambra theatre, Leicester Square, Westminster, London 1870-??82. York & Son wet collodion glass plate negative.
The Alhambra in London'??s Leicester Square was the brainchild of the impresario and showman Edward Tyrell Smith who bought it in 1858 for the staging of circus acts and later musical theatre. Its Moorish styling included domes, minarets, and horseshoe arches. A fire in 1882 led to its rebuilding, but it was demolished in 1936 as the popularity of music hall entertainment declined. It was replaced by an Oden Cinema (see BB87_03577)

© Historic England

Wurlitzer organ NWC01_01_2837 Featured Cinemas Image

Wurlitzer organ NWC01_01_2837

Mecca Bingo Club, Kilburn High Road, Kilburn, Brent, Greater London. The Wurlitzer organ console in the auditorium of the Mecca Bingo Club.
The Gaumont State Theatre was opened in 1937. It was one of the largest cinemas in Europe, and the largest in England, with a seating capacity of 4,004. The building was later divided into a dance hall, cinema and bingo hall, before being used solely as a bingo hall from around 1990. In 2010 the building reopened as a church. The Wurlitzer organ was originally located on a revolving elevator to the right of the proscenium, and was relocated to the left of the proscenium during alterations to the auditorium

© Historic England Archive