Skip to main content

Architecture Collection (page 2)

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Entrance Hall, Sheffield Town Hall BL13722

Entrance Hall, Sheffield Town Hall BL13722
Town Hall, Pinstone Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire. Interior of Sheffield Town Hall showing the entrance hall and grand staircase. The town hall was designed by E. W. Mountford

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Auditorium, Royal Festival Hall HKR01_04_482

Auditorium, Royal Festival Hall HKR01_04_482
Royal Festival Hall, South Bank, London. Interior view of the halls auditorium theatre, showing side seating and the underside of boxes. Photographed by Margaret F. Harker in 1951

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Ely Cathedral Lantern HKR01_01_003

Ely Cathedral Lantern HKR01_01_003
Ely Cathedral, Cambridgeshire. Interior view looking up to the Lantern. Photographed by Margaret F. Harker. c. late-1940s

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Roger Stevens Building, Leeds University DP158137

Roger Stevens Building, Leeds University DP158137
Roger Stevens Building, Chancellors Square, Leeds University, Leeds, Yorkshire. General view of the west elevation

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Assize Courts, York Castle IC121_005

Assize Courts, York Castle IC121_005
Reconstruction drawing showing an elevation of the grand east facade of the Assize Courts at York Castle, as it is likely to have looked after it was built in 1777. Terry Ball. April 1985

Background imageArchitecture Collection: BT Tower DP180637

BT Tower DP180637
BT Tower, formerly Post Office Tower, Cleveland Mews, off Tottenham Court Road, London. General view of tower

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Embassy in Bonn P_D00149_003

Embassy in Bonn P_D00149_003
British Embassy Offices, Bonn, West Germany. Photographed in 1953

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Cell 8, Mount Grace Priory IC068_004

Cell 8, Mount Grace Priory IC068_004
MOUNT GRACE PRIORY, North Yorkshire. Reconstruction drawing, by Claire Thorne, showing a cut-away view of Cell 8 and its garden at Mount Grace Priory

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Tilbury Fort Gatehouse MP_TIL0022

Tilbury Fort Gatehouse MP_TIL0022
TILBURY FORT, Essex. Plan and front elevation drawing of the gate-house (Water Gate) at Tilbury Fort. Office of Works, August 1914

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Berney Arms Windmill MP_BAW0003

Berney Arms Windmill MP_BAW0003
Berney Arms Windmill, Norfolk. Isometric drawing, with key. Ministry of Public Buildings and Works. Ancient Monument Branch. 661_7. c. mid-1960s

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Houghton House N060175

Houghton House N060175
HOUGHTON HOUSE, Ampthill, Bedfordshire. Cutaway reconstruction drawing by Stephen Conlin of the house as it may have appeared in 1767

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Wharram Percy Medieval Village J050132

Wharram Percy Medieval Village J050132
WHARRAM PERCY MEDIEVAL VILLAGE, North Yorkshire. Aerial view reconstruction drawing by Stephen Conlin of the South Manor in the early 13th century

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Library of Birmingham DP180932

Library of Birmingham DP180932
Library of Birmingham, Centenary Square, Broad Street, Birmingham, West Midlands. General view of south and east elevations at twilight

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Gateway with sheep OP28723

Gateway with sheep OP28723
Abbey Gate, Abingdon, Oxfordshire. West view of the Abbey Gateway, showing sheep on the street in the foreground withmen and women standing back

Background imageArchitecture Collection: British Embassy in Paris P_D00634_015

British Embassy in Paris P_D00634_015
British Embassy (Hotel De Charost), 39 Rue De Fauborg Saint Honore, Paris, France. Looking along the gallery beside the ballroom at the Hotel de Charost, the British Ambassadors residence in Paris

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Crystal Palace EPR003819

Crystal Palace EPR003819
Crystal Palace, Sydenham, London. A catastrophic fire destroyed most of the building in November 1936. Brunels water towers were still standing until they were demolished during the Second World War

Background imageArchitecture Collection: New Union Street DP164729

New Union Street DP164729
New Union Street, Coventry, West Midlands. General view from the north west of shops and offices

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Spon Street DP164668

Spon Street DP164668
Spon Street, Coventry, West Midlands. General view from the south east

Background imageArchitecture Collection: 30 Cannon Street DP161924

30 Cannon Street DP161924
30 Cannon Street, City of London. General view of 30 Cannon Street, view from north east

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Post War Buildings Kettles Yard, Castle Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Post War Buildings Kettles Yard, Castle Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. Interior view of gallery extension designed by Leslie Martin

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Apollo Pavilion DP099463

Apollo Pavilion DP099463
Apollo Pavilion, Peterlee, County Durham. General view of Apollo Pavilion by Victor Passmore, 1969

Background imageArchitecture Collection: British Gas Research Station FF003555

British Gas Research Station FF003555
British Gas Research Station, Station Road, Killingworth, North Tyneside. Exterior view from the north-east. Photographed in 2003

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Park Hill Sheffield DP030884

Park Hill Sheffield DP030884
Park Hill, Sheffield, South Yorkshire. Constructed 1957-60. Exterior, general view of the estate

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Birmingham Central Library DP137657

Birmingham Central Library DP137657
Birmingham Central Library, Chamberlain Square, Birmingham, West Midlands. General view of library (now demolished), from the north pediment of the Town Hall

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Scammonden Reservoir DP138288

Scammonden Reservoir DP138288
Scammonden Resevoir, West Yorkshire. General view showing the resevoir and its dam carrying the M62

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Sainsbury Wing DP183694

Sainsbury Wing DP183694
Sainsbury Wing, National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Westminster, Greater London. Completed in 1991, the Sainsbury Wing is the only work in Britain by Denise Scott-Brown and Robert Venturi

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Crowsteps BL30421_004

Crowsteps BL30421_004
Crowsteps, Tydehams, Newbury, West Berkshire. Crowsteps from the south. Photographed in 1929 by Henry Bedford Lemere. This very early Modern Movement house, dating from 1929

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Humber Bridge DP174534

Humber Bridge DP174534
HUMBER BRIDGE, Ferriby Road, Hessle, East Yorkshire. General view of the suspension bridge from south east

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Harleyford Manor, Great Marlow MD63_00470

Harleyford Manor, Great Marlow MD63_00470
Harleyford Manor, Great Marlow, Buckinghamshire. North entrance front. National Buildings Record (NBR). Measured drawing by W. G. Prosser, 1962. Architect: Sir Robert Taylor. Building completed 1755

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Sherborne in 1939 BB056813

Sherborne in 1939 BB056813
Garage, South Street, Sherborne, Dorset. Sheppards Garage apparently had both Shell and Esso petrol pumps. The garage has since been converted to houses. Photographed in May 1939

Background imageArchitecture Collection: British Embassy in Paris P_D00634_038

British Embassy in Paris P_D00634_038
British Embassy (Hotel De Charost), 39 Rue De Fauborg Saint Honore, Paris, France. The library at the Hotel de Charost, the British Ambassadors residence in Paris

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Heygate Estate 27535_006

Heygate Estate 27535_006
Heygate Estate, Heygate Street, Elephant & Castle, London. Designed by Tim Tinker in a neo-brutalist style, the estate was completed in 1974

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Tewkesbury Abbey 27449_020

Tewkesbury Abbey 27449_020
St Marys Abbey Church, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. With its large Romanesque tower, this is one of the finest examples of Norman architecture in Britain

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Temple of the Four Winds 28331_042

Temple of the Four Winds 28331_042
Temple of the Four Winds, Castle Howard, North Yorkshire. One of the key garden buildings in Sir John Vanbrughs designed landscape

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Christ Church, Cheylesmore DP173112

Christ Church, Cheylesmore DP173112
Christ Church, Frankpledge Road, Cheylesmore, Coventry, West Midlands. Interior, general view of nave

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Coventry Cathedral DP164705

Coventry Cathedral DP164705
St Michaels Cathedral, Coventry, West Midlands. Exterior, roof detail of the new Cathedral by Basil Spence from the south

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Coventry Cathedral DP164704

Coventry Cathedral DP164704
St Michaels Cathedral, Coventry, West Midlands. Exterior, roof detail of the new Cathedral by Basil Spence from the south

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Farnley Hey DP137988

Farnley Hey DP137988
Farnley Hey, Farnley Tyas, Kirklees, West Yorkshire. 1954-5 by Peter Womersley. General view of double height living room. NHLE 1375671

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Cummins Engine Factory DP100836

Cummins Engine Factory DP100836
Cummins Engine Factory, Yarm Road, Darlington, County Durham. Constructed 1964-5. Designed by Kevin Roche, John Dinkerloo and Associates. General view of front elevation in Cor Ten steel

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Royal College of Physicians DP099286

Royal College of Physicians DP099286
The Royal College of Physicians, St Andrews Place, Regents Park, Camden, Greater London. 1960-64, extended 1995-6 by Denys Lasdun and Partners. Interior of foyer, showing stair

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Hillingdon a068672

Hillingdon a068672
Hillingdon, London. A newly built block of flats constructed in the brutalist style on an estate at Field End Road. Photographed by John Gay 1968-75

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Point Royal DP137908

Point Royal DP137908
Point Royal, Rectory Lane, Easthampstead, Bracknell, Berkshire. General view of tower block built 1961-64, Listed Grade II (NHLE 1390361). Designed by Philip Dowson and Derek Sugden of Arup Associates

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Elephant house DP138751

Elephant house DP138751
Regents Park, London. General view of former elephant house at London Zoo

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Dunelm House, Durham University JLP01_08_073192

Dunelm House, Durham University JLP01_08_073192
Exterior view of Dunelm House, Durham University, showing a walkway and stairs. Dunelm House was designed by Architects Co-Partnership, under the supervision of Sir Ove Arup

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Great West Way EPR002624

Great West Way EPR002624
Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex. A steam train crosses a railway bridge over the Great West Way. The Pyrene Building (centre left), built 1928 by Wallis, Gilbert and Partners

Background imageArchitecture Collection: The Treasury, 1750s 6C_WHI_1750_A

The Treasury, 1750s 6C_WHI_1750_A
The Treasury in St James Park, Westminster, London. The Treasury was built 1733-36 by William Kent. Engraving of 1750 by B. Cole. Mayson Beeton Collection

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Gregory Hood Road DP164785

Gregory Hood Road DP164785
1 - 11 Gregory Hood Road, Coventry, West Midlands. Exterior detail of tiled surround to entrance door and balcony rails above, viewed from the south west

Background imageArchitecture Collection: Bull Yard DP164661

Bull Yard DP164661
Bull Yard, Coventry, West Midlands. Exterior, detail showing fins viewed from the east



All Professionally Made to Order for Quick Shipping